Lord – Jonathan Luke - Photo4 Lord – Jonathan Luke - Photo5

 

http://www.theleader.com.au/story/1244133/lord-to-serve-minimum-six-years-jail-for-child-sexual-assaults/?cs=12

Lord to serve minimum six years’ jail for child sexual assaults

By Emma Partridge

Jan. 18, 2013, 6:06 p.m.

A former YMCA childcare  worker has been sentenced to a maximum of 10 years imprisonment for sexually molesting 12 under-age boys in his care, the Downing Centre District Court heard after almost four hours of proceedings today.

Jonathan Luke Lord, now 26,  was convicted last November by District Court judge Michael King of 29 charges relating to the sexual and indecent assault of boys aged from six to 11.

He will now serve a minimum of six years for the offences that took place between January 2009 and October 2011.

He will be eligible for parole on October 23, 2017.

In a dramatic end to the week, the hearing was adjourned briefly before the sentence was passed down, after Lord broke down in the docks and rocked back and forth about 5pm.

Lord worked at vacation care and before and after-school care for the YMCA in Sutherland Shire since 2009.

He also worked privately as a babysitter for several families.

Judge King outlined details of how Lord repeatedly put his hands down the pants of several victims and touched or rubbed their genitals.

The convicted pedophile also performed two sexual acts upon an eight-year-old boy.

One offence happened on an excursion and the other in a storeroom during vacation care.

The sexual abuse happened in many places including the homes of victims, a YMCA centre, on a bus to and from excursions organised by YMCA, a movie theatre,  a toilet block and a boat shed.

Lord was arrested and charged in October 2011.

He later confessed to police in a hand- written letter that he molested another four other victims, resulting in additional charges.

Lord was helped by four court officers from the docks at 5.50pm

 

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/2012/11/09/15/02/court-hears-grief-of-child-abuse-victims

Court hears grief of child abuse victims

2:26pm November 9, 2012

A young boy assaulted by a Sydney childcare worker wishes he had been older so he could have kicked and run from his attacker, a court has been told.

Former YMCA childcare worker and private babysitter Jonathan Luke Lord, 25, made his first appearance in Downing Centre District Court on Friday.

Lord, 25, has previously pleaded guilty to 29 child sex and indecent assault offences on 12 boys aged from six to 11 that took place between 2007 and October 2011.

During sentencing submissions on Friday, five of the boys’ parents read victim impact statements which included quotes from their sons.

“I wish I was older when it happened,” one father said when quoting his son.

“I would kick him and run and scream and tell my parents straight away.”

The mother of another victim said Lord was a big part of their lives.

“How could I have not known?” she said. “What kind of mother am I?”

She also quoted someone who interviewed her son about the attacks.

“You have the most beautiful boy,” she said.

“He’s worried because he didn’t want you to cry.”

Lord wept throughout the reading of the statements but did not make eye contact with the parents of his victims or his own family members in the courtroom.

The matter continues on Friday.

 

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/8520788/childcare-worker-guilty-of-molesting-boys

Childcare worker guilty of molesting boys

11:24 AEST Thu Aug 23 2012

A childcare worker has pleaded guilty to sexually molesting 12 young boys in Sydney’s south.

Jonathan Luke Lord, 25, was charged with 29 offences of sexual assault and indecent assault relating to boys aged from six to 11.

The assaults took place between 2007 and October 2011 in the Sutherland area, in Sydney’s south.

Lord worked in a YMCA childcare centre, operated a before-and-after school care program and worked privately as a babysitter, court documents show.

His charges came before Sydney Central Local Court on Thursday when he made his first appearance after spending 10 months in custody.

He appeared via audio visual link and wept when pleading guilty to 29 charges, saying “Yes, your honour”.

A woman who had children under his care, but were not among those molested, also burst into tears.

Lord will appear in Downing Centre District Court on August 31 for sentencing.

 

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/8513564/childcare-worker-to-plead-to-sex-charges

Childcare worker to plead to sex charges

13:25 AEST Thu Aug 9 2012

A childcare worker accused of sexually molesting 12 young boys is likely to plead guilty at his next court appearance.

Jonathan Luke Lord, 25, has been charged with 29 offences of sexual assault and indecent assault relating to boys aged from six to 11.

The assaults allegedly took place between 2007 and October 2011.

Lord’s matter came before Sydney Central Local Court on Thursday when prosecutor Katherine Thompson said an agreed statement of facts had yet to be finalised.

“There has been extensive negotiations between the parties,” Ms Thompson told the court.

“It’s working towards a plea of guilty.”

The matter has been stood over until later on Thursday.

 

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/breaking-news/childcare-worker-to-plead-to-sex-charges/story-e6frg13c-1226428146044

Childcare worker to plead to sex charges

  • From: AAP
  • July 17, 2012 12:05PM

A CHILDCARE worker accused of sexually molesting 12 young boys is expected to plead to 29 charges at his next court appearance.

Jonathan Luke Lord, 25, has been in custody for nine months and has yet to enter pleas or appear at any of his Sydney court mentions.

He worked in a childcare centre in the Sutherland area in Sydney’s south, operated a before- and after-school program and worked privately as a babysitter.

The charges of sexual assault and indecent assault relate to boys aged from six to 11.

The assaults allegedly took place between 2007 and October 2011.

Lord’s matter came before Sydney’s Central Local Court on Tuesday.

His solicitor Sophia Mascia said she was in negotiations with the NSW Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions.

“This has been a very complex matter,” Ms Mascia told the court.

She said the alleged victims and their families were still being interviewed and an agreed statement of police facts was expected to be available by Lord’s next court date.

Some charges might have been laid incorrectly, Ms Mascia said, prompting both sides to discuss how many might be downgraded to lesser offences or upgraded to more serious crimes.

“I think we quite confidently can say this will be the last adjournment,” Ms Mascia said.

Magistrate Clare Farnan adjourned the matter to the same court on August 9, when Lord is expected to enter pleas to the agreed charges.

He did not apply for bail, which was formally refused.

 

http://www.theleader.com.au/news/local/news/general/sex-assault-accused-in-court/2542164.aspx

Sex assault accused in court

BY MONICA HEARY

02 May, 2012 11:37 AM

A matter involving a man charged with committing sexual offences with underage boys came before Central Local Court yesterday.

The allegations involve Jonathan Luke Lord, 25.

The case is next due for a mention at the same court on June 5.

The matter initially went before Sutherland Local Court last October and as the case has continued before the courts additional charges were laid after the initial seven counts of aggravated indecent assault which allegedly happened in three locations in Sutherland Shire.

The case is next due for a mention in Central Local Court on June 5.

 

http://www.theleader.com.au/news/local/news/crime-and-law/judge-refuses-bail-in-child-sex-case/2450056.aspx

Judge refuses bail in child sex case

BY MONICA HEARY

11 Feb, 2012 09:00 AM

A SUTHERLAND Shire man, Jonathan Luke Lord, 25, faces 29 child sex charges and will have his case mentioned at Central Local Court on March 1. He did not appear when his case came before the same court in January for a mention. The court heard he had changed solicitors and a Legal Aid solicitor appeared on his behalf. The alleged offences involve 12 boys and occurred between January 1, 2007 and November 1 last year.

There are seven charges of aggravated indecent assault, 11 of aggravated indecent assault on a victim under the authority of the accused and three of inciting a person under 16 to commit indecency. Other charges are four counts of aggravated sexual assault on a victim under the authority of the accused and four counts of aggravated indecent assault of a victim under the authority of the accused. The offences allegedly occurred in various shire locations.

The case first went before Sutherland Local Court last October when the accused faced seven charges but since then police have laid further charges and Lord has been placed in custody. Sutherland Local Court issued a non-publication order on the man’s name but after the matter had gone to Central Local Court the ABC successfully applied for a lifting of that order. Legal reasons prevent publication of specific details of the case. On Tuesday bail was not applied for and magistrate Julie Huber formally refused it.

 

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/8415407/childcare-worker-faces-new-sex-charges

Childcare worker faces new sex charges

16:51 AEDT Tue Feb 7 2012

A childcare worker accused of sexually molesting 12 young boys has been charged with eight more offences, court documents show.

Jonathan Luke Lord, 24, worked in a childcare centre in the Sutherland area in Sydney’s south.

He also operated a before and after school program and worked privately as a babysitter.

Lord is now facing 29 charges relating to boys aged from six to 11.

He has had a solicitor representing him since his arrest in October, but Legal Aid appeared on his behalf on Tuesday when his matter was heard briefly in Sydney’s Central Local Court.

Detectives from the Joint Investigation Response Team (JIRT) had charged Lord on four separate occasions over events that allegedly took place between 2007 and October 2011.

As of December, he was facing 21 charges of aggravated sexual assault and aggravated indecent assault.

A JIRT spokeswoman confirmed on Tuesday that detectives charged Lord in January with eight more offences, including three counts of inciting a person under the age of 16 to commit an act of indecency.

His former solicitor successfully argued in October for suppression of Lord’s name, but a non-publication order was lifted by a magistrate in December.

Lord will remain in custody and is next due to appear in the same court on March 1.

 

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-national/accused-child-sex-offender-named-20111207-1oinp.html

Accused child sex offender named

Vincent Morello, Police Reporter

December 7, 2011 – 4:19PM

A childcare worker accused of molesting 12 young boys can be publicly identified after a magistrate lifted a suppression order on his name.

But the same court has ordered that the details of the alleged offences be suppressed over concerns that the information may prejudice the ongoing investigation of any further complaints against the accused.

Jonathan Luke Lord, 24, worked in a childcare centre in the Sutherland area, south of Sydney.

Lord also managed a before- and after-school care program and worked privately as a babysitter.

Detectives from the Joint Investigation Response Team have charged Lord on four separate occasions over events that allegedly took place between 2007 and October 2011.

Lord is facing a total of 14 indecent assault charges against eight boys, and two counts of aggravated sexual assault and five counts of aggravated indecent assault against four other boys.

All of the alleged victims were aged between six and 11.

In Sydney’s Central Local Court on Wednesday, Magistrate John Favretto denied Lord’s application to continue the non-publication order to suppress his name.

Counsel acting for Lord had previously argued that releasing his name could endanger his safety while he remains in custody.

Mr Favretto rejected Lord’s application to continue the suppression order, but ordered that the details of the alleged offences remain secret.

“The order is necessary because publication may prejudice the investigation of the matter and the proper administration of justice, particularly the investigation of further complaints,” Mr Favretto stated in the order.

Lord will next appear before the same court on February 7.

 

Join us on Facebook

 

Comments
  1. Brett Davies says:

    Hey, YMCA, they’re great with their ‘core values of tolerance, forgiveness, compassion and building strong communities and families’, hey? A little child rape goes unnoticed, apparently for what? 4 or 5 years? As a member of said community, I think they may need to rethink those so called ‘core values’. Just maybe.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s