Noel George Martin

Posted: January 16, 2013 by Serendipity in Victoria
Tags: , , , ,

Newcastle Herald  -  23 July 2005

Newcastle Herald – 23 July 2005

Man pleads guilty to abusing granny killer

July 18, 2005 – 12:13PM

A Melbourne man has pleaded guilty to sexually abusing a boy who later killed a 73-year-old woman.

Noel George Martin, 55, of Elstar Road, Narre Warren, sexually abused two boys in the 1980s and 1990s while they were aged between nine and 14 years old, the Victorian County Court was told.

Martin today pleaded guilty to 26 charges, including gross indecency, sexual penetration of a child and indecent acts with a child.

The charges were based on signed statements from one of his victims, who was convicted along with another boy of the manslaughter of a 73-year-old woman in her bayside Seaford home in 2000.

The boy was sentenced to a minimum six-year jail term after he pleaded guilty to the woman’s manslaughter.

Martin’s pre-sentence hearing before judge Bill White continues.

Alleged child sex offender bailed

December 16, 2004 – 4:27PM

A man accused of raping a boy who subsequently robbed and killed a 73-year-old woman was today granted bail under strict conditions in Melbourne Magistrates Court.

Noel George Martin, 55, of Narre Warren, is charged with two counts of rape, two of sexual penetration of a child under 16 and three of indecent acts with a child under 16 for alleged offences committed between 1994 and 1998.

Prosecutor Michael Robinson told the court Martin had admitted to five offences and it was expected he would face another 30 charges.

He said Martin maintained a sexual relationship with the boy, offering money for sexual contact and paying a further sum after.

Martin touched the boy’s genitals and forced him to perform oral sex, the court was told.

The charges were based on signed statements from the victim, who was convicted along with another boy of the manslaughter of Marie Greening Zidan, 73, in her Seaford home in October 2000.

The boys, aged 15 and 16 at the time, were high on paint fumes when they entered Mrs Zidan’s house and attacked after accidentally waking her up.

The teenagers struck Mrs Zidan on the head, chest and back, sexually assaulted and strangled her before escaping with $10.

They were charged with murder but pleaded guilty to manslaughter in a Supreme Court plea bargain.

The boys were sentenced each to six years’ jail with a non-parole period of four years, but this was increased to nine years’ with a minimum of six in 2002 on a Director of Public Prosecutions appeal.

They will be eligible for release in October 2006.

Martin was arrested at his house yesterday and was remanded to appear in court today.

Magistrate Ian McGrane today bailed Martin to reappear in the Melbourne Magistrates Court for a committal mention hearing on March 10 next year.

He was ordered to report to Narre Warren police station daily, to remain at his home address, not to contact any prosecution witnesses or relatives of the victim, not to have contact with anyone under the age of 16 and not to be in the vicinity of a place where children under 16 gather or could be expected to gather.


Join us on Facebook



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s