Archive for August, 2016


 

http://www.bordermail.com.au/story/4116124/sex-offender-avoids-prison-term-in-court/?cs=11

Sex offender avoids prison term in court

23 Aug 2016, 4:17 p.m.

A MAN who groped a friend’s young daughter has avoided jail time to continue with a sex offender program.

Peter Charles Anton, 49, touched the seven-year-old victim in her Albury home in January last year.

Anton had been invited into her father’s house and had been spending time with the man and the victim.

The father had said he needed to shower and left the room, but changed his mind.

When he returned a short time later, he found the then 47-year-old standing over the girl, looking down her pants.

Anton was told to get out of the home and reported the incident to a support worker later that day.

He admitted to touching the girl and was arrested at his home on February 17.

He made partial admissions to police and the victim said it was the only time it had happened.

Albury District Court on Tuesday heard the incident had been brief but opportunistic.

Despite having several mental health problems and low IQ, the court heard Anton had some insight into what he had done.

He had also taken responsibility for the offence, showed remorse and understood the impact the incident would have had on the young girl.

The 49-year-old, who was found to be “simple” with a mild intellectual disability, is considered to be of low to moderate risk of re-offending.

Anton has been admitted into psychiatric care for issues including schizophrenia and suicide ideation 22 times in Albury and Wagga since 2002.

Judge Clive Jeffreys noted the importance of Anton undertaking a sex offenders program, which was unlikely to be available in jail due to the nature of the offence.

Anton had disclosed the Albury incident to a psychiatrist whom he first saw last December and was placed on sex offender treatment.

Mr Jeffreys said the seriousness of the incident meant a jail term was needed.

He sentenced Anton to 17 months in jail but immediately suspended the sentence.

He was placed on a bond, which includes supervision by community corrections and must be of good behaviour.

 

Join us on Facebook

 


 

Walker - Troy Ronald - Photo2

 

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/3700244/bible-leads-to-jail-cell/

Troy Ronald Walker sentenced to at least 10 years’ jail for child sex offences

JOANNE MCCARTHY

1 Feb 2016, 6:51 p.m.

TROY Ronald Walker was a Bible-loving, God-fearing Christian who impressed fellow churchgoers with his passion for helping troubled youths.

He will spend at least 10 years in jail after convictions for sexually abusing young people for more than two decades, including inciting a teenage boy to have sex with a 14-year-old girl while he photographed them.

Walker, 45, was convicted of offences against six young people in the Lake Macquarie area after he used his associations with the Salvation Army and an evangelical Christian church to gain access to children through their families.

A woman sobbed in Sydney Downing Centre Court on Monday as Judge Peter Zahra told how Walker had sexual intercourse with her after meeting the girl’s mother at Bible study. He offered to counsel the girl because she kept running away from home. The court heard the girl was sexually abused by her father.

The girl believed she was “the bad one” and blamed herself because “I was always told people who go to church are good people”, she said in a victim’s impact statement. After sexual abuse by her father and Walker she believed that she was “placed on earth for men to have sex with me”.

Walker sexually abused a brother and sister after their parents separated and the mother sought help in Bible study. Walker photographed the girl, 14, and a teenage boy after inciting them to commit a sexual act.

The court heard Walker forcibly sexually assaulted a girl, 13, in her bedroom as her parents were on a “welfare run” for the Salvation Army. Walker’s offending did not end until late 2013 when he was arrested and charged with offences against a boy.

Walker was guilty of “an insidious persistence of predatory sexual assault against young children with a disregard for the impact on his child victims”, Judge Zahra said.

“The trust placed in him was founded on his association with the Salvation Army and church and Bible groups. He took advantage of that trust to gratify his sexual attraction to children.”

The court heard Walker, who worked at hospitals in the Newcastle area and as an administrative assistant at a university, received character references from the Salvation Army and the university.

Walker pleaded guilty to offences against two children, but denied offences against other victims.

Judge Zahra noted reports saying Walker “appears to have no insight into the gravity of his offending” and showed no contrition.

Walker received a maximum sentence of 13 years’ jail. His earliest release date is April 2024.

 

Join us on Facebook

 

William Arthur Gibbon

Posted: August 12, 2016 by Serendipity in Photo, Western Australia
Tags: ,

 

William Arthur Gibbon - Photo2

 

Age:  51  (2016)

D.O.B:  21/1/1965

Location:  Geraldton  WA

Offence:  1 count of indecent dealings with a child aged between 13 & 16 years. 7 counts of aggravated sexual assault.

Sentence:  Sentenced to 4 years imprisonment by the WA Supreme Court in 1994.

Other:  Offences were committed between 1992 & 1993.

 

Join us on Facebook


 

Mills – Paul Edward - Photo

 

http://www.bordermail.com.au/story/1547830/horny-teacher-jailed-for-sex-offence/?cs=11

‘Horny’ teacher jailed for sex offence

4 Jun 2013, midnight

A FORMER Albury teacher, who called himself “Mick Horny” and made sexually suggestive online comments to a girl, 14, has been jailed until November next year.

Paul Edward Mills, who taught music at Murray High School, was sentenced by District Court judge Colin Charteris.

He had pleaded guilty to using a carriage service to procure a person under 16, using a carriage service to transmit indecent communication to someone under 16 and having child abuse material.

Mills, of Thurgoona, was jailed for from nine to 24 months and will be in prison until at least November 23, next year.

He will have to remain of good behaviour for 3½ years as part of the sentence.

Mills, 46, had been on bail until May 24 and was sentenced in Sydney last Thursday.

He had pleaded guilty in Albury Local Court on February 19.

Mills was suspended that day without pay by the Education Department and was fired the following day and put on a list stating he should not be employed again.

He had been removed from the school and classrooms as soon as the original charges were laid.

An Education Department spokesman said Mills’ performance and conduct had not previously been subject to suspicion.

Mills had been caught after a tip-off from US detectives examining an “inappropriate conversation” with a girl, 15, in Illinois.

Officers from the child exploitation unit posed as a sexually naive girl, 14, and began online communications with Mills.

Mills used the social network name “Mick Horny” and his profile picture was a penis.

He asked sexually inappropriate and explicit questions online during a series of recorded conversations.

They included Mills making sexual instructions to the girl and highly inappropriate comments.

Officers from the child exploitation internet unit went to Mills’ home at 6.50am on July 9 last year with a search warrant and arrested him.

He was found to have child pornography with images of children as young as three.

Mills made full admissions about what he had done but claimed he thought 14 was legal.

 

Join us on Facebook

 


 

http://www.bordermail.com.au/story/56247/woman-disgusted-by-noreuil-sex-act/

Woman ‘disgusted’ by Noreuil sex act

11 Jan 2011, 9:04 p.m.

A FORMER South Australian man who masturbated while a young woman was sunbathing just a short distance away at Albury’s Noreuil Park last year faces sentence in March on two charges.

Allen Brian Edwards appeared in Albury Local Court yesterday and pleaded guilty to disqualified driving and committing an act of indecency with a person over 16 years.

Magistrate Gordon Lerve said Edwards, 40, of Prune Street, Lavington, had been jailed previously for disqualified driving and a bond would possibly be imposed for the other matter.

But Mr Lerve said it was appropriate to get a pre-sentence report and adjourned sentencing until March 8.

The court was told the victim drove to Noreuil Park about 4.10pm on October 27 to picnic with friends and went to the south-western corner.

She set up a rug, had bathers under her clothing and took her T-shirt off.

Edwards arrived in a Ford sedan about 10 minutes later, got a cushion and rug from his back seat and went to the edge of the river about 15 metres from the woman.

He set up under a tree, next to shrubs and laid on his side facing the woman.

He put his hands down his pants and began masturbating while staring at her.

She contacted friends with a text message, did not say what was happening, but asked how long it would be before they arrived.

When she looked back, Edwards was on his back masturbating with his shorts around his knees.

He pulled his shorts up, but was still watching her and she felt uncomfortable so texted a male friend, who said he would be there in 10 minutes.

When he arrived, he parked next to Edwards’ vehicle and got the registration number on a piece of paper which he gave to the woman.

The woman looked back, Edwards had his penis out the top of his pants and she said: “Get your hands out of your pants. It is disgusting and dirty”.

Edwards stopped, the woman put her T-shirt back on and another male friend arrived.

The registration of his vehicle was checked again when he drove off about 5.20pm.

The woman attended the police station the following day and made a statement.

Police went to his residence on October 29 and he denied masturbating, but an orange pillow and blanket described by the woman were found in his car and Edwards declined to take part in an identification parade.

 

Join us on Facebook

 


 

McQuilton – Daniel Anthony - Photo

 

http://www.bordermail.com.au/story/2238162/daniel-mcquilton-ive-had-enough-jail/

Daniel McQuilton: I’ve had enough jail

24 Apr 2014, midnight

A SUPERVISED sex offender who removed his electronic tracking device told Corrective Services staff “I’m not going back to jail” when they urged him to hand himself in.

Corrective Services was able to make contact with Daniel Anthony McQuilton after he removed the monitoring device in central Sydney last Wednesday, triggering an alarm.

He admitted to them that he had removed the device.

When staff encouraged him to return he told them: “It is not living on this order and I’m not doing it any more. I’ve had enough.”

McQuilton, who is classified a high-risk sex offender, later car-jacked a woman in Bondi Junction and fled in her stolen Mitsubishi Lancer to Wodonga, where he lost control of the car and hit a tree in London Road in the early hours of Good Friday.

Soon after he handed himself in to police at Wodonga.

McQuilton did not apply for bail when he appeared in Albury Local Court yesterday after his extradition from Victoria to NSW on Tuesday.

He entered guilty pleas to three counts of failing to comply with a supervision order, assault with intent to take a motor vehicle, not giving details to owner of damaged property and failing to stop when pursued by police.

He is yet to enter a plea to a charge of unlicensed driving.

McQuilton was jailed in 2009 for three years over the sexual assault and bashing of a Wodonga dancer in Young Street, Albury, in 2008.

In January, the Supreme Court placed him on an extended supervision order for two years and six months, requiring him to wear the tracking device.

Magistrate Tony Murray adjourned the matters for sentencing in Sydney on June 11.

He ordered a psychiatric assessment of McQuilton.

 

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2008-11-25/guilty-plea-for-sex-attack-accused/217650

Guilty plea for sex attack accused

Posted 25 Nov 2008, 11:14am

A man has pleaded guilty to aggravated sexual assault after a dance student was attacked in Albury in July.

Daniel Anthony McQuilton, 21, of Tangambalanga, has appeared in the Albury Local Court.

A statement tendered to the court alleges McQuilton approached a woman from behind as she went to her car in the Crisp Street car park and grabbed her by the face, saying he was not going to hurt her.

It said the woman struggled and McQuilton punched her once to the head area and then sexually assaulted her.

The statement alleges the woman fell to the ground and McQuilton kneed her once in the face before she ran away. McQuilton turned himself in to police five days later.

The statement says he later expressed remorse and said it was a spur of the moment decision resulting from a frustration with women.

He has been remanded in custody and will return to court in February.

 

Join us on Facebook

 

Wayne Joseph Fieldus

Posted: August 8, 2016 by Serendipity in NSW
Tags: , , , ,

 

http://www.bordermail.com.au/story/2625674/driver-fined-for-indecent-assault/

Driver fined for indecent assault

15 Oct 2014, midnight

LAVINGTON truck driver Wayne Joseph Fieldus was yesterday put on a two-year bond and fined $400 over indecently assaulting a woman who went driving with him.

Police facts tendered in Albury Local Court outlined how Fieldus spoke to the woman, 20, in McDonald Road in March and convinced her to accompany him to get some food.

But on the way he asked her about her sex life, past male partners and whether she would have sex with him.

When she declined, Fieldus asked if he could touch her breasts which she rejected.

But he then reached over and touched her right breast on the outside of her clothing.

Fieldus, 53, of Bounds Street, pleaded guilty to committing an act of indecency with a person aged over 16.

Magistrate Tony Murray said when imposing the penalties that Fieldus had no previous offences.

The victim was sitting on a front nature strip in McDonald Road at Lavington about 11pm on March 11 when Fieldus stopped his car and asked her about getting some food.

She initially declined, but when he kept asking the woman relented and went.

Fieldus questioned her about her past sexual experiences and was driving along Vickers Road when he asked to touch her breasts.

She declined and Fieldus asked a number of times before reaching out without warning.

After being touched on the breast, the woman asked to be taken home.

Fieldus was driving her back to her residence when he handed over $15.

He said the woman would get more money if she allowed him to put his mouth on her breasts.

The woman refused and was dropped off without further incident, but the matter was immediately reported to police.

Fieldus attended the police station about 8.50pm on August 23 after a request was made to him.

He took part in a recorded interview and initially said he was unable to recall the incident.

He eventually admitted what took place, but denied the $15 was given as part of a sexual request.

It was claimed by Fieldus money was provided because she was “down in the dumps”.

“I know I did the wrong thing,” he said.

 

Join us on Facebook