Archive for the ‘Registered Sex Offender’ Category


 

 

NOTE

Jones is the former deputy principal at Woodridge State High School, in Logan, south of Brisbane.

He had worked at Education Queensland since 2004.

 

https://www.norfolk.police.uk/news/latest-news/teacher-sentenced-series-sexual-offences

Teacher sentenced for series of sexual offences

A 57-year-old man has today, Tuesday 22 August 2017, been sentenced in connection with a number of child sex offences.

Glyn Barrington Jones, formerly of Major Mitchell Drive, Brisbane, Australia, was charged in January 2016 by officers from Norfolk Constabulary’s Children Abuse Investigation Unit, with 13 offences including 11 counts of indecent assault and two of attempted indecent assault.

Jones pleaded guilty yesterday (Monday 21 August 2017) to seven of the indecent assaults. The other offences will remain on file.

The assaults started while he was a trainee and also took place while he was in post as a Physical Education teacher in Norfolk and Devon.  The offences he was convicted of relate to six female victims  and were committed between 1979 and 1996.  All the victims were aged 16 or under at the time.

When sentencing Jones to five years in prison, Judge Anthony Bate described his offences as having “an enduring impact” on the victims with Jones continuing to lead an “outwardly respectable life as a man of apparent good character” while in fact being a “clandestine sex offender since age of 19.”

Following today’s Norwich Crown Court appearance, Detective Constable Kim Taylor who headed the investigation, said: “Jones took complete advantage of his position of trust to encourage his victims to allow him to carry out sex offences having persuaded them that he was in an emotional relationship with them.

“I want to thank all the victims involved in this investigation for their bravery and patience while this case came to court.  Although by pleading guilty, he has prevented the victims from having to relive their ordeal through a trial, they should not have been in this position in the first place.

“This enquiry highlights how important we consider all allegations of abuse , non recent or current and should assure other victims of abuse that every report is fully investigated by Norfolk Constabulary, with specialist officers guiding victims through the process.”

Jones was also placed on the Sex Offenders Register for life.

 

Join us on Facebook

 

 

Advertisements

 

Patrick Cronin

 

http://www.thecourier.com.au/story/4058016/ballarat-man-caught-with-hundreds-of-child-porn-photos-avoids-jail/?cs=62

Ballarat man caught with hundreds of child porn photos avoids jail

Alicia Thomas

27 Jul 2016, 10 p.m.

A magistrate has been persuaded not to jail a 27-year-old Ballarat North man who was found with hundreds of child exploitation images.

Sentencing via a videolink from the Geelong Magistrates Court, magistrate Ronald Saines told Patrick Cronin the small percentage of illegal images found, combined with his clean criminal history and early plea convinced him jail was not the most appropriate action.

Cronin had earlier pleaded guilty to one count each of possessing child pornography and possessing cannabis.

In June the Ballarat Magistrates Court heard 62,340 images were found on Cronin’s laptop, with 612 images showing examples of illegal child exploitation.

A number of the 612 images included sexual activities with toddlers and pre-pubescent children.

Sentencing was deferred until Wednesday while a community corrections order (CCO) was completed.

Having read the report Mr Saines said he was persuaded not to impose a term of imprisonment.

“The offence is punishable by prison, and in some cases the courts find no alternative than to impose a term of imprisonment,” Mr Saines said.

“But in your case it can be said only a small number of images were found among the larger number of images you have downloaded.”

Cronin was convicted and sentenced to a two-year CCO with conditions to undertake 200 hours of community work and participate in a sex offender program.

He was also placed on the sex offender register for eight years.

“Not only you, but the community will benefit from the court implementing treatment and rehabilitation, rather than placing you in prison which could be unproductive,” Mr Saines said.

“Were there to be any form of repeat it is likely you will receive a substantial term of imprisonment.”

Cronin’s lawyer said her client understood he was at a point in time where he could benefit from conditions on a CCO order.

“He is more than willing to do such things,” she said.

 

Join us on Facebook

 


 

http://www.standard.net.au/story/239405/tyrendarra-man-pleads-guilty-to-underage-sex-charge/

Tyrendarra man pleads guilty to underage sex charge

Andrew Thomson

23 Aug 2012, midnight

A TYRENDARRA man who admitted having sex with a 15-year-old girl in 1997 has been told he is fortunate to not be serving an immediate term of imprisonment.

Andrew Simon Montgomery, 38, of Princes Highway, pleaded guilty in Warrnambool County Court on August 10 to one charge of sexual penetration of a child aged under 16 years.

Sentencing was adjourned until yesterday so Judge Mark Taft could get sentencing statistics from the time of the offence.

Judge Taft yesterday said that after anxious consideration and some misgiving he had determined to hand down a wholly suspended jail sentence. He sentenced Montgomery to two years’ imprisonment but suspended the jail term for three years.

Judge Taft said the substantial delay, withdrawal of the complaint and revitalisation of the police investigation and Montgomery’s guilty plea were all significant factors. He told Montgomery that he hoped he took notice of the chilling account of the victim tendered to the court through the victim impact statement.

“She should not have had to go through that experience. You can consider yourself fortunate that you are not going to jail today,” he said.

Judge Taft said the victim’s statement was a distressing document and the impact of the offending had been profound.

The woman said in the statement she had sought much help from medical professionals after spending about 10 years trying to bury herself in alcohol and drugs.

She said she would not wish what had happened to her on her worst enemy and that she never wanted anyone else to be Montgomery’s victim.

Montgomery was also placed on the sex offenders’ register for 15 years.

 

Join us on Facebook

 


 

http://www.theadvocate.com.au/story/3738218/man-jailed-for-13000-child-porn-images/

Man jailed for 13,000 child-porn images

A MAN police caught with more than 13,000 child pornography images has been jailed.

In the Supreme Court, in Burnie, on Thursday, Aaron Luke Dooley was sentenced to 10 months’ jail, with six months of that suspended on condition he commit no offence punishable by jail for three years.

Chief Justice Alan Blow also ordered Dooley be placed on the sex offenders’ register for 10 years and imposed an 18-month probation order.

Dooley had told a probation officer he had no current sexual interest in children, and had been unable to explain why he had the images, the judge said.

Dooley had pleaded guilty to possessing, accessing and distributing child-exploitation material.

Justice Blow said Dooley had admitted he had been downloading and looking at the material for two years.

Of the images, more than 13,000 were of children in sexually suggestive poses and some other images were in more serious categories.

Accessing and possessing such material was treated very seriously, the judge said, because of the terrible harm which was done to sexually abused children.

Dooley distributed some of the material via internet chat rooms to people he did not know.

 

Join us on Facebook

 


 

https://au.news.yahoo.com/vic/a/30805568/vic-man-pleads-guilty-to-porn-charges/

A registered sex offender who pleaded guilty to looking at child sex abuse images online has admitted using his dead wife’s phone to search for pictures of young girls.

Phillip Wayne Doherty, 59, says he was looking for “fat girls in bikinis” on the internet and browsing sexually explicit websites when he came across child sex abuse images.

He pleaded guilty in the Victorian County Court on Friday to multiple charges of using a carriage service to access child pornography and breaching parole and bail conditions that forbade him from using the internet.

The Thomastown truck driver has admitted looking at child sex abuse images, including a graphic video of a five-year-old child, between 2014 and October last year.

Doherty tried to hide evidence when police came to his home in October by throwing his dead wife’s phone in the bushes when he saw officers coming up his driveway, prosecutors told his plea hearing.

At the time he was already on bail for serious child pornography offences linked to a search of Doherty’s home two weeks after his wife died of cancer in August.

During the search the truckie confessed to police he had recently thrown out a computer that he had used to look at child abuse images.

He admitted he began using his wife’s computer in November 2014, even though his parole conditions prohibited him from using the internet.

Doherty was searching the internet for pictures of fat girls and browsing sexually explicit websites, thinking “I’m back to me old self again”, when he found the child sex abuse images.

“That’s when I got sucked in again,” he told police.

By Doherty’s own estimates, there were up to 300 child sex abuse images on the dumped computer.

He knew what he was doing was wrong, and often thought to himself: “I’m sick and I need help, but no one is going to help me”.

“I didn’t know who to ring,” he said in a police interview.

Police were unable to retrieve the computer and seized a number of electronic devices from Doherty’s home, who was charged and granted bail.

When officers returned to his home two months later and caught him trying to dump a smartphone, he admitted he had been using his wife’s phone to go online.

Doherty has been in custody since October. He will be sentenced on March 7.

 

Join us on Facebook

 


Boyce – Danial John - Sketch2

 

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/teacher-jailed-for-student-sex/story-e6freuz0-1225938287379

Teacher jailed for student sex

AN ENGLISH teacher who had sex with a 15-year-old student and then asked her to lie about the relationship has been jailed for three years.

Danial John Boyce, 29, had sex with the girl three times between August and September 2008, after the girl sent him naked images of herself over the internet, the Victorian County Court heard.

Boyce was the girl’s English teacher at a country Victorian school and initially tried to dissuade her from contacting him on the internet, the court heard.

But he later gave the girl his phone number and they became more friendly.

The relationship was revealed after the images were discovered during routine maintenance on Boyce’s school computer, the court heard today.

While on bail, police recorded Boyce telling the girl to “say it never happened” and that previous allegations were a lie.

After initially denying the relationship to police, Boyce confessed and pleaded guilty to sexual penetration of a child under 16 under his care, supervision or authority and attempting to pervert the course of justice.

Today, Judge Liz Gaynor jailed Boyce for three years and ordered he serve a minimum of 18 months in prison.

Having already served 400 days in custody, Boyce could walk free from jail in less than six months.

Judge Gaynor said the victim impact statements showed the girl was vulnerable and needed to be protected from forming a sexual relationship – regardless of whether she wanted the relationship – with someone older and in a position of trust over her.

“She was a child,” Judge Gaynor said.

“She and her mother should have been able to rely on you as a teacher to protect (her).

“I do accept that this relationship has caused her harm and disrupted her progress in life.”

Boyce wrote to Judge Gaynor expressing remorse and saying there was no-one to blame but himself.

“I had sex with a young girl … someone far too young for my age,” Boyce wrote in the letter.

Judge Gaynor said up until his offending Boyce had “risen fairly heroically” from his troubled family life.

Boyce’s mother physically and emotionally abused him and they lived in a house full of animals and animal excrement, the court heard.

Boyce will be a registered sex offender for 15 years.

Details of the school involved and the town where the offences took place cannot be revealed for legal reasons.

 

Join us on Facebook

 


 

 

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/chat-line-hook-up-ends-in-rape-of-girl-man-jailed/story-e6freuyi-1225878482676

Chat line hook-up ends in rape of girl, man jailed

A HOBART man who raped a teenage girl he met through a phone chat service has been jailed for more than three years.

Mark Anthony Fox, 26, of Berriedale, climbed out of his bedroom window while his fiancee was sleeping to meet up with the 15-year-old girl on November 9 last year.

The Supreme Court in Hobart heard the girl regularly used the mobile phone chat service, which allows users to send text messages to strangers.

She and Fox chatted via text for a few days and the girl invited him to meet her at her friend’s house at Moonah.

He arrived at the house about 1.30am and the court heard it would have been immediately obvious that the diminutive girl was only 15.

They had a conversation in the loungeroom and the girl then asked Fox to leave, saying she was tired.

He either did not hear or ignored her and stayed where he was.

When the girl got into bed on a mattress on the floor Fox joined her and raped her.

The court heard the girl froze because of past sexual abuse she had endured, but when it was over she ran to her friend’s room.

Fox left before police were called and later denied everything.

His fiancee initially gave Fox an alibi, but she later admitted to police that she had woken up about 2.30am to find Fox missing.

The woman is expecting Fox’s child soon and remains on good terms with him.

Fox pleaded guilty to rape earlier this week.

Justice David Porter said Fox chose to do what he wanted without any regard or care for the wishes of his “vulnerable” young victim.

She suffered bruising to her neck where Fox bit her.

“At the time she was suffering from depression because of the previous sexual abuse and was prone to self-harm,” Justice Porter said.

“This incident has made things worse for her.”

Fox was sentenced to three years and three months in jail but will be able to apply for parole after 20 months.

 

Join us on Facebook