Archive for the ‘Location’ Category


UPDATE:  NOVEMBER 2014

Roger Hall has started serving a minimum six-month jail term after losing his appeal against the sentence. His new release date is expected to be in late April 2015.

 

update 11/07/14 More to come he had dozens of cameras, heaps of pen cameras and other stuff, computers, hard drives, stacks of pen drives. Dirty bastard knew exactly what he was doing! Sentenced but back out pending appeal today a BIG JOKE

Hundreds of people captured on spy cam in Geelong cafe’s unisex bathroom

Court

Roger Hall pleaded guilty to setting up a spy camera in a Belmont cafe’s toilet.

 

A MAN who hid three spy cameras in the unisex toilet of a Geelong cafe had captured thousands of images of people using the toilet and female staff getting changed, a court has heard.

Roger Hall, 61, from Grovedale, pleaded guilty at Geelong Magistrates Court yesterday to stalking, installing an optical surveillance device, producing child pornography, knowingly possess child porn and visually capture a person’s genitalia.

Prosecutor Senior-Sergeant Steve Iddles said a video camera was found under the basin in the toilet on May 9 last year.

A police search also ­uncovered two cameras strapped under a toilet cistern in the bathroom, which was used by staff and patrons.

When Hall, a cafe regular, attended the venue later that day he was questioned by police and made full admissions to owning the cameras.

But he said they were to keep an eye on elderly in-laws, who had recently had falls.

A search of his house and car led police to seize three pen cameras, six computers, 19 hard drives, 51 USB sticks, 82 data cards, 14 digital recording devices and a large number of DVDs and CDs.

Sen-Sgt Iddles said police in the e-crime squad assessed only half the content and still found 1111 videos of people using the toilet as well as hundreds of images and other videos from around the cafe.

“Nearly all of the file subjects were female and appeared to be aged between 15 and 30 years of age,” he said.

“In a number of the files the subject was a child aged as young as three or four.

“In many instances the subject’s genitalia can be clearly seen.”

Sen-Sgt Iddles said as a result of viewing the material one officer with 20 years’ ­experience had to seek counselling and take time off work.

Defence lawyer Michael Brugman said Hall was deeply ashamed of his behaviour.

“He has wanted to be given an opportunity to say he is sorry and express his remorse,” Mr Brugman said.

“He has come to understand and believe that something broke in his mind.”

He said his client, who has been married for 29 years, had undiagnosed mental health ­issues but was now receiving medical help.

Magistrate Ron Saines ­adjourned the matter for sentencing on July 11.

 

Join us on Facebook

 


Smith – Raymond Colin - Photo

 

http://www.theherald.com.au/news/local/news/general/mayfield-pedophile-stole-girls-future-jury-hears/1649813.aspx

Mayfield pedophile stole girl’s future, jury hears

15/10/2009 9:41:00 AM

A CONVICTED pedophile who took photos of genitals of girls as young as 14 months old has been sentenced to eight years in prison.

Raymond Colin Smith, of Braye Street, Mayfield, was sentenced in Newcastle District Court yesterday to eight years’ jail with a non-parole period of six years.

Smith, 48, who has been in police custody since August 2008, will be eligible for parole in August 2014.

Judge Ralph Coolahan handed down sentences totalling almost 22 years for 14 charges relating to indecently assaulting and photographing young girls, but Smith will serve them concurrently.

He also received 18 months after he pleaded guilty to taking the photos in and out of the country on his computer, and eight months for breaching a child protection order, also to be served concurrently.

The court heard Smith took photos of the genitals and torsos of four girls aged between 14 months and 11 years old between 2004 and 2008.

In victim impact statements read by Judge Coolahan one of the victims said she felt terrible about herself and did not feel happy.

Another said she felt miserable and Smith had “stolen her future”.

Handing down the sentence, Judge Coolahan said all of the evidence pointed to the fact that Smith was, and remained, a pedophile.

“The right of a child to grow up without sexual interference from an adult should be regarded as sacrosanct,” he said.

“The offences are obviously very serious and involved a gross breach of trust.”

Smith pleaded not guilty to the first 14 charges.

During the trial Smith told the jury the images were taken for medical reasons and in accordance with American Medical Association guidelines.

Smith was jailed for three years in 2002 for indecently assaulting two six-year-old girls in the Philippines.

Before that he was convicted in Queensland of taking an indecent photo of a child.

 

Join us on Facebook

 


 

http://www.southcoastregister.com.au/news/local/news/general/van-park-man-had-in-excess-of-500-child-porn-images/2528528.aspx

Van park man had in excess of 500 child porn images

20 Apr, 2012 08:59 AM

POSSESSING more than 500 pornographic photos of children has resulted in an 18-month suspended sentence for a Nowra man.

Christopher John William Smith, 40, of Willows Caravan Park, pleaded guilty in Nowra Local Court to owning images of child abuse.

Smith was arrested on July 2 last year after police went to his van to speak to him about possessing child pornography.

Smith showed police his laptop and they saw six photos of children around 10 years of age in suggestive poses and wearing underwear.

A search of the van uncovered seven DVDs with more photos.

Police seized Smith’s laptop, webcam, mobile phone and modem and took him to Nowra Police Station.

They viewed the discs at the station and saw photos of two young Asian girls, also about 10, completely naked and performing sexual acts on each other.

Smith admitted to owning child pornography and said he realised it was illegal.

When asked why he had it, he told police he was interested in young girls’ clothing as he collected dolls and got ideas for their fashions from the photos.

 

Join us on Facebook

 


 

Age:  23  –  2012

Location:  Bundamba/Ipswich  –  Qld

Offence:  Pleaded guilty to eight counts of indecent treatment of a child under 16, one count each of attempted carnal knowledge with a child under 16, possessing child exploitation material and using electronic communication with intent to procure a person under 16 years of age to engage in a sexual act.

Sentence:  Sentenced to two years and three months in prison to be wholly suspended after nine months.

Other:  Procured young girls for sex via Facebook.

 

Join us on Facebook

 


 

Age:  42  –  2006

Location:  North  Rothbury  –  NSW

Offence:  Pleaded guilty to seven charges of using the internet to get access to child

abuse and pornography images after the Australian Federal Police searched his home.

Sentence:  Sentenced in East Maitland District Court to 14 months jail.

Other:  Scott told federal police officers he had planned to collect the images so he

could open a pay-for-view website.

 

 

Warren Leslie Christian

Posted: May 4, 2014 by Serendipity in Location, NSW
Tags: , ,

 

www.theleader.com.au/story/1362210/paedophile-sentenced/?cs=12

Paedophile sentenced

By Emma Partridge

March 15, 2013, 10 a.m.

WHEN a five-year-old boy was befriended by a man who was swimming with his dog at Sans Souci there was no way for him to know this meeting was the start of grooming process which would lead to his sexual molestation.

Convicted paedophile Warren Leslie Christian, 64, was sentenced to a minimum of seven years’ imprisonment on Friday, almost two decades after he sexually assaulted the boy he first met in the water.

Judge Jonathon Williams sentenced Christian to a maximum of 11 years in custody. He will be eligible for parole on December 9, 2017.

He was found guilty of seven charges, including sexual intercourse and the indecent assault of a victim under the age of 10, in August, 2012.

Six of the seven offences took place in the 1990s when the victim was aged between five and nine.

The sexual assaults occurred in Christian’s Sans Souci house on three separate occasions when the victim was invited to come inside.

He told his victim he would get into trouble if he were to tell anyone what had happened to him.

During sentencing Judge Williams said he had taken into consideration Christian continued to deny any wrongdoing.

“[The offences] were opportunistic,” Judge Williams said.

“Children should be allowed to develop in their own time,” he said.

The court heard the victim had suffered confusion about his sexuality growing up as a result of the assaults.

This confusion led him to have consensual sex with the offender when he turned 18, as he tried to figure out whether he was homosexual.

Christian was first found guilty of the offences by jury in 2010 but appealed the conviction in the Court of Criminal Appeal in March 2012.

A retrial was ordered and Christian was released from jail. He was taken back into custody after he was found guilty of all charges in his third trial in August.

 

Join us on Facebook

 


http://www.bordermail.com.au/story/1259877/facebook-bid-to-lure-young-girl/?cs=11

Facebook bid to lure young girl

Jan. 26, 2013, midnight

A WANGARATTA man with intellectual impairment will be on the Victorian sex offender register for 15 years after contacting a girl, 14, on Facebook suggesting she visit him.

Adrian Paul Dowdle was already on the register for attempted bestiality when he made repeated attempts to get the girl to go to Wangaratta with sexual inferences.

He was found out when the communications between them were seen by someone and reported to the girl’s mother, who contacted police.

Dowdle, 31, appeared in custody in the County Court at Wodonga yesterday for sentencing on a charge of using a carriage service to transmit an indecent communication to a person under 16 and two counts of failing to comply with the Sex Offender’s Act.

Judge Marilyn Harbison said specialist reports indicated Dowdle had limited capacity to understand the implications of restrictions put on him.

She said a forensic psychiatrist had described Dowdle as being moderately disabled.

Dowdle had been involved in the attempted bestiality of a dog some years ago.

“It was an act of idiocy, but it carries automatic registration as a sex offender,” she said.

“The act was videod by your brother and circulated to his friends.”

Dowdle was severely ostracized, suffers social isolation and the video is still circulating.

“It is clear from the plea that you urgently need supervision,” Judge Harbison said.

Dowdle was convicted in November 2007 for attempted bestiality and put on the sex register.

He was 29 when the Facebook communication was made with the girl in November 2010.

There was a further breach of sex register conditions when Dowdle was seen with a boy, 14, in January last year.

“There is no suggestion there was any inappropriate contact or talk,” Judge Harbison said.

She said the prosecution had conceded that a community corrections order was appropriate along with a justice plan.

Dowdle was convicted on the two charges of failing to comply with sex offender conditions, but no further action as taken.

He was put on a three-year community corrections order on the other charge and ordered to attend sex offender programs as directed.