Archive for the ‘Status’ Category


 

Carr - Harry - Photo.

 

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/2130945/bad-santa-harry-carr-sentenced/

‘Bad Santa’ Harry Carr sentenced

By JOANNE McCARTHY
March 5, 2014, 10 p.m.

HARRY Carr ‘‘got his jollies’’ showing pornographic Christmas films to little girls and appearing as a semi-naked Santa with a snowy white beard and tinsel on his genitals.

In court yesterday he had a red face and was not smiling when a judge sent him to jail for up to 12years.

The ‘‘Bad Santa’s’’ crimes against four girls as young as six were not the worst child sex offences Gosford District Court Judge Roy Ellis had seen, but required a lengthy sentence.

‘‘This is a serious set of offending for various reasons,’’ Judge Ellis said of Carr, 67, a disability pensioner who had not committed a criminal offence for 40years until his ‘‘friendships’’ with neighbourhood children in 2011 in the guise of Santa.

Over a period of weeks he encouraged an 11-year-old girl and three other girls aged from six to 11 to visit ‘‘Santa’s’’ house. He played the youngest girl and a 10-year-old a film that started as a Christmas video, and ended as a pornographic film with naked adults.

‘‘Me and [the younger child] closed our eyes. Seen a little bit of rude stuff but closed our eyes and looked the other way,’’ the older girl told police when asked about the film.

In court in November last year after pleading guilty to showing the films, Carr said he did it because ‘‘I wanted to get my jollies’’.

‘‘I wanted to see what they thought about it,’’ he said.

Carr admitted grooming the children and six acts of indecency against the girls, but denied more serious offences of aggravated sexual intercourse and indecently assaulting the 11-year-old.
See your ad here

Judge Ellis found him guilty after accepting the girl’s evidence that a naked Carr pushed her on his bed with her hands behind her back and committed a sexual act.

The girl told her mother on New Year’s Day, 2012.

Judge Ellis sentenced Carr to a minimum seven years’ jail after noting he was willing to undertake a sex offenders program while in jail.

His earliest release date is September, 2020.

 

Join us on Facebook

 

Advertisements

 

http://www.news.com.au/national/queensland/rapist-peter-scott-griffin-to-be-released-despite-past-breaches-of-orders/story-fnii5v6w-1227224441229

Rapist Peter Scott Griffin to be released despite past breaches of orders

February 18, 2015 5:25PM

A RAPIST who has repeatedly broken supervision rules while out of jail will again be released into the community.

Peter Scott Griffin, 46, served a 13-year sentence for attacking three women in the street in 1998, forcing them to perform oral sex on him and raping one victim.

He was released from jail in 2012 but put on a strict supervision order.

He was jailed again in June last year after he lost his temper with his supervisors because they put him on a 24-hour curfew when his online romance soured.

His supervisors from Corrective Services were worried he hadn’t admitted to his internet girlfriend that he was a convicted sex offender.

The girlfriend was set to fly to Queensland to meet him.

His parole officers were worried he would stop taking drugs aimed at reducing his sex drive.

After a hearing to decide whether he should be kept behind bars Justice Martin Daubney ruled Mr Griffin should be released because there was no longer any danger he would breach his supervision order.

The June incident was his third breach. The other two breaches included being caught masturbating in a shopping centre carpark in January 2013 and losing his temper with police last year.

PREDATOR’S CHRONICLE

  • February 14, 1998: Grabs 17yo girl from behind and drags her from a North Rockhampton street at 8.15pm, over a guard rail onto a bush hill. He sexually assaults her and restrains her by choking.
  • May 24, 1998: 23yo woman is followed as she walks between two hotels in the Rocky CBD at 12.25pm and attacked from behind. Griffin flees when two men on a hotel balcony yell out.
  • May 24, 1998: About an hour later an 18yo woman is punched to the ground and raped.
  • July 21, 1998: Young woman is robbed and sexually assaulted on a Rockhampton street. Griffin restrains her by choking. Police take down a number plate and catch him.
  • July 8, 2011: Griffin was put on a continuing detention order, beyond his fulltime release date after 13 years’ jail.
  • October 29, 2012: Released on a DPSOA supervision order with strict conditions.
  • January 3, 2013: Contravened condition not to reoffend when a woman saw him masturbating in a public car park at North Rockhampton.

 

Join us on Facebook

 


Lyddieth – Dennis John - Photo

 

UPDATED:  NOVEMBER 2015

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-11-06/dangerous-sex-offender-dennis-john-lyddieth-to-be-released/6918900

Dangerous sex offender Dennis John Lyddieth to be released from Perth jail

Updated yesterday at 9:58pm

A serial sex offender who has spent all but six months out of the past 24 years in jail has had his release from custody approved by a Supreme Court judge in Perth.

Between 1987 and 1991 Dennis John Lyddieth raped and indecently assaulted a string of women at knifepoint after breaking into their homes, mainly in Perth’s inner western suburbs.

He was sentenced to 19 years in jail but was released on parole in 2002.

He was taken back into custody five months later and his parole cancelled, after committing a number of indecent acts in public, including masturbating in public in front of women.

Lyddieth was declared a Dangerous Sex Offender just before he was due to be released in 2012, and since then has been held in custody indefinitely.

Under the Western Australian Dangerous Sexual Offenders Act, people can be held in detention past their custodial sentence if they are deemed a threat to the community.

Lyddieth has been the subject of yearly reviews, and today after the third, Justice Ralph Simmonds ruled that Lyddieth’s could be released on a strict six-year supervision order.

He will be subject to 44 conditions including that he be subject to electronic monitoring, complete a daily diary, not take drugs, report regularly to his supervisors and that he not contact his victims.

A court hearing in 2012 was told Lyddieth had described himself to a psychiatrist as “the nice rapist” and he wanted his victims to like him.

Lyddieth, who is now 64, also has various “chronic medical conditions”.

Lyddieth appeared in court via video link from Karnet prison farm and will not be released from custody until Monday.

He will be living in the Perth suburb of Tuart Hill.

The details of his address, but not the suburb where he would be living, were suppressed by the court.

 

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/25358670/repeat-rapist-fails-to-get-out-of-jail/

Repeat rapist fails to get out of jail

TIM CLARKE

October 27, 2014, 10:48 am

A repeat rapist who claimed he was too old and too ill to attack again has failed in his bid to be released from jail.

Dennis Lyddieth has served nearly 20 years in jail, following terrifying attacks on 13 women in their own homes around Perth between 1987 and 1991, and further sex offences when he was released on parole in 2002.

The judge who originally sent Lyddieth to prison described him as a “a truly dreadful menace to the young women of our community”.

In the Supreme Court today, Justice Ralph Simmonds rejected Lyddieth’s request to be released after a hearing last month was told his heart disease and diabetes, as well his age of 63, all reduced his risk of offending.

Justice Simmonds said he still considered Lyddieth too big a risk of reoffending if released, and ordered that he stay in prison. He is held at Karnet Prison Farm.

At the September hearing, psychiatrist Peter Wynn-Owen said he considered Lyddieth to be a serious risk of attacking again, saying the stresses of looking after himself outside prison could trigger an attack.

And Justice Simmonds – who sparked controversy when he released sex offender Patrick Comeagain earlier this year – was also told that while Lyddieth had made progress in prison, it was still “slight … on a scale of very, very, very small change”.

In 1992, Lyddieth was jailed for 19 years and 1 month for 48 offences including 16 counts of aggravated sexual assault, six counts of sexual assault and nine counts of indecent assault against 13 different women.

Then in 2002, after being paroled, Lyddieth was convicted for a number of indecent acts near beachgoers at Cottesloe and Hillarys.

 

Join us on Facebook

 

 


 

Christopher Charles Gardner - Photo

 

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-09-19/sex-offender-christopher-charles-gardner-caught/5755424

Sex offender Christopher Charles Gardner caught in New South Wales

Fri 19 Sep 2014, 10:51am

Escaped sex offender Christopher Charles Gardner has been caught in New South Wales, police have confirmed.

The 29-year-old removed his GPS tracker and went missing from detention at Wacol in Brisbane’s west early this morning.

He was later found in the northern NSW town of Murwillumbah.

Gardner was being held at the Byron Bay police station and was expected to be extradited to Queensland.

Police had earlier urged anyone who saw Gardner not to approach him.

Under laws recently passed in Queensland, a one-year prison sentence was imposed on any sex offender who removed a monitoring device.

 

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-09-19/sex-offender-christopher-charles-gardner-missing-from-wacol/5754682

Sex offender Christopher Charles Gardner on the run after escaping Wacol detention

Fri 19 Sep 2014, 9:38am

A dangerous sex offender has escaped from detention at Wacol in Brisbane’s west.

Queensland Police and Corrective Services are looking for Christopher Charles Gardner who was reported missing overnight.

Police have urged anyone who sees Gardner not to approach him.

He was described as being 180cm tall, weighing 88kgs with a fair complexion, blue eyes, has blond hair with a purple streak and a clean-shaven face.

His tattoos include: a dot under the right eye; the letters CP and name “Marlina” on his left arm; “Cherise” on his right arm; a marking on a knuckle of his left hand; on the left leg a heart and the name “Jamal”; and on his right leg a cross and a yin and yang symbol.

He also has a scar below his left knee.

 

Join us on Facebook

 


 

UPDATE: April 2015

Lawrence will make a bid for freedom in a special leave application to the High Court on April 17. If the High Court bid fails he will have another chance to apply for freedom in the Supreme Court within months.

 

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-09-02/qld-ag-wins-appeal-to-keep-killer-and-rapist-in-jail/5713810

Queensland Attorney-General wins appeal to keep killer and rapist Mark Lawrence in jail

By Louisa Rebgetz

Tue 2 Sep 2014, 3:26pm

Queensland’s Attorney-General has won a legal bid to keep convicted killer and rapist Mark Richard Lawrence in jail.

Lawrence has been in jail for more than 30 years after being convicted of the manslaughter of a female psychiatric patient at the Wolston Park Hospital, south-west of Brisbane.

His sentence was extended when he was convicted of raping a fellow prisoner in 1999.

The sentence expired in 2008 but lawyers for the Government successfully sought an order for Lawrence’s ongoing detention.

In May this year, Supreme Court Justice Philip McMurdo ordered Lawrence be released under a supervision order.

The Attorney-General appealed against the decision.

The Court of Appeal has set aside the release order, finding the only way to protect the community is to keep Lawrence in jail.

 

Join us on Facebook

 


Fardon – Robert John - Photo3

UPDATE: 16th SEPT 2014

Robert John Fardon will be released back into community detention after lawyers for Qld’s A-G offered no evidence to the court.

 

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-09-02/convicted-rapist-robert-john-fardon-arrested-in-brisbane/5714206

Robert John Fardon arrested in Brisbane over alleged breach of supervision order

Tue 2 Sep 2014, 6:15pm

Convicted rapist Robert John Fardon has been arrested in Brisbane over an alleged breach of the conditions of a supervision order.

The 65-year-old has been living in community detention at Wacol in south-west Brisbane since being released in December last year

A source has told the ABC Fardon was planning to escape his home, which is under 24-hour surveillance.

He was taken into police custody this afternoon and the matter will be listed for an initial hearing in the Supreme Court as early as tomorrow.

Fardon has spent most of his adult life in prison after he was convicted of numerous sex offences against women and children.

In 2003, Fardon was the first person to be detained indefinitely under Queensland’s Dangerous Prisoners Sexual Offenders Act.

In December 2013, Attorney-General Jarrod Bleijie withdrew an application to keep Fardon in prison.

The decision came after the Court of Appeal declared sections of a new act, granting the Attorney-General power over sex offenders, was invalid.

Fardon’s supervision order was issued under the provisions of the Dangerous Prisoner (Sexual Offenders) Act 2003.

 

Join us on Facebook

 


 

http://www.townsvillebulletin.com.au/news/townsville-sex-offender-returned-to-custody-after-allegedly-breaching-conditions/story-fnjfzs4b-1227031269753

Townsville sex offender returned to custody after allegedly breaching conditions

  • EMMA CHANNON COURT REPORTER
  • Townsville Bulletin
  • August 20, 20149:48PM

A DANGEROUS sex offender released from jail despite being listed as “high risk” of reoffending has been returned to custody, after allegedly breaching parole conditions.

Brian John Daphney, 35, was released last year after serving a 15-year jail sentence for the heinous rape of a four-year-old girl.

Justice Anthe Philippides released Daphney on August 8 last year on a four-year supervised release order, despite saying she was unsure whether the order would provide adequate protection for the community.

“There is sufficient evidence to satisfy the court to a high degree of probability that the respondent is a serious danger to the community … in that there is an unacceptable risk that he will commit a sexual offence in the absence of a(n) … order,” she said.

“The question that then arises is whether adequate protection of the community may be ensured by a supervision order or whether a continuing detention order is indicated.”

Attorney-General Jarrod Bleijie applied in the Supreme Court this week to have Daphney kept in custody until the possible breaches of him allegedly accessing child pornography were dealt with.

“The Government promised Queenslanders that it would make this state the safest place to raise a family,” Mr Bleijie said.

“Queensland now has some of the strongest anti-sex offender laws in the country and we will always fight to keep dangerous offenders away from the community.”

Barrister Wayne Pennell applied to keep Daphney in custody, which wasn’t opposed by the defendant’s legal team.

Daphney was released from custody on a supervised order on July 29, 2013, after he had served 15 years in jail.

On July 31 this year, officers from Queensland Corrective Services downloaded his phone search history and discovered he had looked at pornography after searching “young” and “teen”.

On August 11, officers again reviewed his phone and noticed a “significant increase in violent pornographic themes”.

QCS officers said they held concerns for community safety if Daphney was to stay at large.

Daphney was 19 when he broke into a Heatley home in November 1997 to steal money, but ended up sodomising a four-year-old girl.

Daphney’s alleged breaches will be dealt with later.

 

Join us on Facebook