Posts Tagged ‘Albury Local Court’


 

 

UPDATE:  JULY 2017

Shen has been given a three-year jail term. He will be in jail until at least July 26, 2020.

 

http://www.bordermail.com.au/story/4663750/massage-victims-sickened/?cs=11

Massage victims sickened

15 May 2017, 5 p.m.

A CHINESE masseur who sexually assaulted 14 female customers abused one of the women in front of her young daughter and another in front of her son.

Many of Xiawen Shen’s victims told police they felt scared, sick, and unable to ask the 45-year-old to stop the abuse.

Shen, who also calls himself “Jack”, has admitted to indecently assaulting the women between February 2016 to January.

The Chinese national begged one of the victims not to report him to the police.

He told the woman he was sorry after rubbing her breasts and groin last March, but then told her she should “relax and enjoy the good things in life”.

“I’m very sorry,” he told her.

“I have never done anything like this before.

“I really like you”.

During one of the assaults, at the Royal Hands Chinese Massage in West End Plaza last November, Shen told a woman that she should eat more Chinese food before rubbing his hands near her vagina.

He then offered to attend her home, cook for her, and asked for her address.

She later told police she was “tense, scared, and hated the entire massage.”

The following month, Shen spoke quietly in hushed tones to another woman before brushing his penis on her hand and grinding his crotch into her arm and rubbing his hands up her thighs.

Other women had their genitals rubbed after Shen told them to remove their underwear.

He held one woman down using his body weight.

The 45-year-old offered to perform sexual acts on one of the customers, and she repeatedly declined.

He would later claim the woman had wanted him to touch her, and claimed she had enjoyed it, but agreed it was inappropriate and unprofessional.

Most incidents occurred at the Royal Hands, but some occurred at Balance Chinese Massage in the Albury Myer shopping centre.

In most cases, Shen had asked the women to strip to their underwear

The incidents came to an end when his last victim reported Shen after he pulled down her underwear and rubbed his hands near her groin.

Shen was charged and more victims came forward to report similar experiences.

He was banned from performing any form of massage.

He faced the Albury Local Court on Monday and will be sentenced on July 27.

 

Join us on Facebook

 

Advertisements

 

Mills – Paul Edward - Photo

 

http://www.bordermail.com.au/story/1547830/horny-teacher-jailed-for-sex-offence/?cs=11

‘Horny’ teacher jailed for sex offence

4 Jun 2013, midnight

A FORMER Albury teacher, who called himself “Mick Horny” and made sexually suggestive online comments to a girl, 14, has been jailed until November next year.

Paul Edward Mills, who taught music at Murray High School, was sentenced by District Court judge Colin Charteris.

He had pleaded guilty to using a carriage service to procure a person under 16, using a carriage service to transmit indecent communication to someone under 16 and having child abuse material.

Mills, of Thurgoona, was jailed for from nine to 24 months and will be in prison until at least November 23, next year.

He will have to remain of good behaviour for 3½ years as part of the sentence.

Mills, 46, had been on bail until May 24 and was sentenced in Sydney last Thursday.

He had pleaded guilty in Albury Local Court on February 19.

Mills was suspended that day without pay by the Education Department and was fired the following day and put on a list stating he should not be employed again.

He had been removed from the school and classrooms as soon as the original charges were laid.

An Education Department spokesman said Mills’ performance and conduct had not previously been subject to suspicion.

Mills had been caught after a tip-off from US detectives examining an “inappropriate conversation” with a girl, 15, in Illinois.

Officers from the child exploitation unit posed as a sexually naive girl, 14, and began online communications with Mills.

Mills used the social network name “Mick Horny” and his profile picture was a penis.

He asked sexually inappropriate and explicit questions online during a series of recorded conversations.

They included Mills making sexual instructions to the girl and highly inappropriate comments.

Officers from the child exploitation internet unit went to Mills’ home at 6.50am on July 9 last year with a search warrant and arrested him.

He was found to have child pornography with images of children as young as three.

Mills made full admissions about what he had done but claimed he thought 14 was legal.

 

Join us on Facebook

 


 

http://www.bordermail.com.au/story/56247/woman-disgusted-by-noreuil-sex-act/

Woman ‘disgusted’ by Noreuil sex act

11 Jan 2011, 9:04 p.m.

A FORMER South Australian man who masturbated while a young woman was sunbathing just a short distance away at Albury’s Noreuil Park last year faces sentence in March on two charges.

Allen Brian Edwards appeared in Albury Local Court yesterday and pleaded guilty to disqualified driving and committing an act of indecency with a person over 16 years.

Magistrate Gordon Lerve said Edwards, 40, of Prune Street, Lavington, had been jailed previously for disqualified driving and a bond would possibly be imposed for the other matter.

But Mr Lerve said it was appropriate to get a pre-sentence report and adjourned sentencing until March 8.

The court was told the victim drove to Noreuil Park about 4.10pm on October 27 to picnic with friends and went to the south-western corner.

She set up a rug, had bathers under her clothing and took her T-shirt off.

Edwards arrived in a Ford sedan about 10 minutes later, got a cushion and rug from his back seat and went to the edge of the river about 15 metres from the woman.

He set up under a tree, next to shrubs and laid on his side facing the woman.

He put his hands down his pants and began masturbating while staring at her.

She contacted friends with a text message, did not say what was happening, but asked how long it would be before they arrived.

When she looked back, Edwards was on his back masturbating with his shorts around his knees.

He pulled his shorts up, but was still watching her and she felt uncomfortable so texted a male friend, who said he would be there in 10 minutes.

When he arrived, he parked next to Edwards’ vehicle and got the registration number on a piece of paper which he gave to the woman.

The woman looked back, Edwards had his penis out the top of his pants and she said: “Get your hands out of your pants. It is disgusting and dirty”.

Edwards stopped, the woman put her T-shirt back on and another male friend arrived.

The registration of his vehicle was checked again when he drove off about 5.20pm.

The woman attended the police station the following day and made a statement.

Police went to his residence on October 29 and he denied masturbating, but an orange pillow and blanket described by the woman were found in his car and Edwards declined to take part in an identification parade.

 

Join us on Facebook

 


 

McQuilton – Daniel Anthony - Photo

 

http://www.bordermail.com.au/story/2238162/daniel-mcquilton-ive-had-enough-jail/

Daniel McQuilton: I’ve had enough jail

24 Apr 2014, midnight

A SUPERVISED sex offender who removed his electronic tracking device told Corrective Services staff “I’m not going back to jail” when they urged him to hand himself in.

Corrective Services was able to make contact with Daniel Anthony McQuilton after he removed the monitoring device in central Sydney last Wednesday, triggering an alarm.

He admitted to them that he had removed the device.

When staff encouraged him to return he told them: “It is not living on this order and I’m not doing it any more. I’ve had enough.”

McQuilton, who is classified a high-risk sex offender, later car-jacked a woman in Bondi Junction and fled in her stolen Mitsubishi Lancer to Wodonga, where he lost control of the car and hit a tree in London Road in the early hours of Good Friday.

Soon after he handed himself in to police at Wodonga.

McQuilton did not apply for bail when he appeared in Albury Local Court yesterday after his extradition from Victoria to NSW on Tuesday.

He entered guilty pleas to three counts of failing to comply with a supervision order, assault with intent to take a motor vehicle, not giving details to owner of damaged property and failing to stop when pursued by police.

He is yet to enter a plea to a charge of unlicensed driving.

McQuilton was jailed in 2009 for three years over the sexual assault and bashing of a Wodonga dancer in Young Street, Albury, in 2008.

In January, the Supreme Court placed him on an extended supervision order for two years and six months, requiring him to wear the tracking device.

Magistrate Tony Murray adjourned the matters for sentencing in Sydney on June 11.

He ordered a psychiatric assessment of McQuilton.

 

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2008-11-25/guilty-plea-for-sex-attack-accused/217650

Guilty plea for sex attack accused

Posted 25 Nov 2008, 11:14am

A man has pleaded guilty to aggravated sexual assault after a dance student was attacked in Albury in July.

Daniel Anthony McQuilton, 21, of Tangambalanga, has appeared in the Albury Local Court.

A statement tendered to the court alleges McQuilton approached a woman from behind as she went to her car in the Crisp Street car park and grabbed her by the face, saying he was not going to hurt her.

It said the woman struggled and McQuilton punched her once to the head area and then sexually assaulted her.

The statement alleges the woman fell to the ground and McQuilton kneed her once in the face before she ran away. McQuilton turned himself in to police five days later.

The statement says he later expressed remorse and said it was a spur of the moment decision resulting from a frustration with women.

He has been remanded in custody and will return to court in February.

 

Join us on Facebook

 

Wayne Joseph Fieldus

Posted: August 8, 2016 by Serendipity in NSW
Tags: , , , ,

 

http://www.bordermail.com.au/story/2625674/driver-fined-for-indecent-assault/

Driver fined for indecent assault

15 Oct 2014, midnight

LAVINGTON truck driver Wayne Joseph Fieldus was yesterday put on a two-year bond and fined $400 over indecently assaulting a woman who went driving with him.

Police facts tendered in Albury Local Court outlined how Fieldus spoke to the woman, 20, in McDonald Road in March and convinced her to accompany him to get some food.

But on the way he asked her about her sex life, past male partners and whether she would have sex with him.

When she declined, Fieldus asked if he could touch her breasts which she rejected.

But he then reached over and touched her right breast on the outside of her clothing.

Fieldus, 53, of Bounds Street, pleaded guilty to committing an act of indecency with a person aged over 16.

Magistrate Tony Murray said when imposing the penalties that Fieldus had no previous offences.

The victim was sitting on a front nature strip in McDonald Road at Lavington about 11pm on March 11 when Fieldus stopped his car and asked her about getting some food.

She initially declined, but when he kept asking the woman relented and went.

Fieldus questioned her about her past sexual experiences and was driving along Vickers Road when he asked to touch her breasts.

She declined and Fieldus asked a number of times before reaching out without warning.

After being touched on the breast, the woman asked to be taken home.

Fieldus was driving her back to her residence when he handed over $15.

He said the woman would get more money if she allowed him to put his mouth on her breasts.

The woman refused and was dropped off without further incident, but the matter was immediately reported to police.

Fieldus attended the police station about 8.50pm on August 23 after a request was made to him.

He took part in a recorded interview and initially said he was unable to recall the incident.

He eventually admitted what took place, but denied the $15 was given as part of a sexual request.

It was claimed by Fieldus money was provided because she was “down in the dumps”.

“I know I did the wrong thing,” he said.

 

Join us on Facebook

 

Ian Gladstone Bauchop

Posted: August 5, 2016 by Serendipity in NSW
Tags: , , ,

 

http://www.bordermail.com.au/story/1811907/ian-bauchop-admits-to-sex-abuse-against-teenager-14/

Ian Bauchop admits to sex abuse against teenager, 14

1 Oct 2013, midnight

A TEENAGE boy was left traumatised and suffered alcohol abuse, depression and receives counselling after being sexually assaulted by Albury man Ian Gladstone Bauchop more than 20 years ago, a court heard yesterday.

The victim was 14 when several incidents took place between September 1992 and March 1993.

There was no further contact between them until 1999 when they met by chance and the victim told Bauchop that he made him sick.

It was in September last year that the victim went to a police station in Victoria to complain about what happened and the case was referred to NSW police.

Officers were granted approval in the Supreme Court on March 1 this year for surveillance devices to be used.

The victim contacted Bauchop by telephone on March 25 and a meeting was arranged for QEII Square in Albury.

Police told the court Bauchop spoke about what happened and said: “I freely admit to taking advantage of you”.

“I never set out to do that. I was planning on coming clean about being gay.

“It was intended as a pleasurable experience for both of us.”

There was a further admission from Bauchop that the victim was “too young”.

Bauchop, 60, appeared in Albury Local Court via video link from Junee jail and pleaded guilty to six sexual assault offences.

Magistrate Megan Greenwood committed him for sentencing in the District Court at Wagga starting on November 11 with a pre-sentence report ordered.

Solicitor Selwyn Hausman made a bail application on behalf of Bauchop saying he has been on remand since being refused bail in March.

Mr Hausman said Bauchop has spent more than six months in custody and it was a historic matter.

Bauchop will be sentenced according to the penalties which applied at that time.

Mr Hausman said it was not a foregone conclusion that Bauchop would get a non-parole period longer than the time already spent in jail.

But Director of Public Prosecutions representative Graham Lamond opposed bail and said it was pure conjecture what penalty will be imposed.

Ms Greenwood said when refusing bail there were multiple offences with a vulnerable victim.

 

Join us on Facebook

 


 

http://www.bordermail.com.au/story/2540927/jail-for-use-of-social-media/

Jail for use of social media

Sept. 6, 2014, midnight

A SOUTH Albury man on the NSW Child Protection Register created an email address and personal Facebook page contrary to restrictions imposed on him and tried to hide them from police, a court was told yesterday.

Andrew Joseph Pollard was put on the register because of a sexual assault conviction in 2006.

He was released from custody in March on strict parole conditions.

Later Pollard, who has an intellectual disability, provided police with updated phone contact details and said he had no internet registration or social site information to disclose.

But his email address and Facebook page were created on May 6.

There were numerous discussions with an Albury detective between March 9 and July 5 and Pollard denied any internet usage.

Police became aware a page had been created by him with a Sydney address.

Officers spoke to him on July 5 and he denied using Facebook, but evidence was found on his mobile phones.

Pollard, 46, of Abercorn Street, pleaded guilty in Albury Local Court yesterday to a charge of failing to comply with reporting conditions.

Solicitor Joy Kirby said Pollard’s parole was revoked on July 25 and his earliest release date is now June 24, 2016.

Ms Kirby said his family lives in Queensland and he wanted to com-municate with them.

“There is no suggestion that he was using his Facebook inappropriately,” Ms Kirby said.

She said the regulations involved with being on the register are quite cumbersome and Pollard claimed that he did not fully understand them.

“The consequences of this breach are already being felt by him,” Ms Kirby said.

Magistrate Megan Greenwood said Pollard was required to notify police of any change with his circumstances.

“This was a situation where you just did not comply,” she said.

Ms Greenwood said Pollard has a poor criminal record with a number of serious sex offences.

She imposed a three-month jail term to expire on December 4.