Posts Tagged ‘Epsom’


 

 

Age:  29

Location:   Bendigo,  Vic

Offence:   Pleaded  guilty to seven charges including two counts of procuring child exploitation material, committing an indecent act with a child under 16 and using a carriage service to produce child exploitation material.

Sentence:   Sentenced to three years and five months, with a non-parole period of two years and six months and placed on the Sex Offenders Register for life.

Other:   Police found a large number of images taken from under skirts of about 15 women in the Bendigo area. He also stole a USB containing photographs of children on a school camp from a primary school in central Victoria, and took his own photographs of a young child in suggestive poses.

 

 

 

 

Advertisements

Brett Linton Pettersen

Posted: February 24, 2013 by Serendipity in Photo, Victoria
Tags: , , ,

Pettersen – Brett Linton - Photo

 

http://www.bendigoadvertiser.com.au/story/1318481/jail-term-for-most-graphic-child-porn/?cs=12

Jail term for ‘most graphic’ child porn

By JOSH FAGAN

Feb. 22, 2013, 1 a.m.

A WHITE Hills man has been jailed for 18 months for downloading a collection of child pornography that detectives described as the worst and most graphic they had ever seen.

Brett Linton Pettersen, 28, pleaded guilty to possessing a collection of more than 1100 videos and images of child pornography, the majority of which depicted children under 10 years old.

He was sentenced to 18 months in prison with a nine-month non-parole period for one charge of possessing and one charge of producing child pornography.

The production charge related to Pettersen copying nude pictures of a 14-year-old Bendigo girl and her school friends that he stole from a computer he was fixing while working as an IT technician in 2007.

Pettersen was repairing the computer when he found and copied a folder full of explicit pictures the computer owner’s daughter had taken of herself and friends in various states of undress.

Detectives later uncovered the files on Pettersen’s computer in a raid on his parents’ White Hills home, where he lives.

Members of the Victorian sexual crimes squad said the collection of 1171 movies and images were the most graphic they’d seen, with some films showing children as young as a few months old.

Pettersen said he had been downloading the collection of child pornography for a number of years and that he looked at the images and movies every week.

Defence lawyer Martine  March said her client had been on a “slippery slope”, looking at material online that was increasingly graphic and intended to shock.The Bendigo County Court was told that despite breaching the trust of his employer by copying the pictures of the 14-year-old girl from a client’s computer, Pettersen had continued to be employed at Forrest Computing in Epsom.

In her sentencing Judge Wendy Wilmoth said the offending deserved a penalty that reflected the seriousness of the crime.

Ms Wilmoth said she was able to apply some leniency because of Pettersen’s lack of criminal history and her belief that he had no “paedophilic tendencies”.

 

Join us on Facebook

 


McLennan – Ricky David - Photo2a McLennan – Ricky David - Photo4a

http://www.bendigoadvertiser.com.au/news/local/news/general/sex-predator-ricky-mclennan-jailed-for-15-years/2482556.aspx

Sex predator Ricky McLennan jailed for 15 years

ELISE SNASHALL-WOODHAMS

09 Mar, 2012 04:00 AM

A County Court judge broke down yesterday after sentencing sexual predator Ricky “Dave” McLennan to 15 years and four months’ jail for a series of sex offences against young women.

Judge Irene Lawson was choked with tears when she told each of McLennan’s female victims how brave they had been. “The thing I will take away from it is the courage of the girls,” she said.

“You all strike me as very remarkable girls.”

Over a six-week trial, which included three separate indictments and two juries, McLennan was found guilty of 19 counts of sexual penetration of a child under 16, two counts of attempted sexual penetration of a child under 16, four counts of committing an indecent act with a child under 16, one count of indecent assault and three child pornography charges.

The charges related to four victims, the youngest 11 at the time.

The incidents stretched back to 2005 when McLennan groomed two sisters – aged 13 and 15 – for a sexual relationship.

McLennan, owner of Epsom business Cowboy World now known as Wrangler Shop, pleaded not guilty to all charges.

He pleaded guilty to the final indecent assault charge after two separate juries found him guilty of 29 offences spanning the first two indictments.

Ms Lawson said apart from that late plea there was nothing she could take into account to lessen McLennan’s sentence.

“A clear message needs to be sent by this court that offences against children in this matter will be handled with the utmost severity,” she said.

McLennan was sentenced to 15 years and four months jail, with a non-parole period of 12 years.

He was sentenced as a serious sex offender and will be placed on the sex offender register for life.

 

http://www.bendigoadvertiser.com.au/news/local/news/crime-and-law/sexual-assault-victims-relive-trauma-in-bendigo-court/2478070.aspx

Sexual assault victims relive trauma in Bendigo court

06 Mar, 2012 07:13 AM

A county court judge has lauded the victims of sexual predator Ricky “Dave” McLennan for having the courage to come to court and seek justice for their attacker.

McLennan, 50, has been found guilty of 30 counts of sexual assault against four victims between 2005 and 2010.

Two of McLennan’s four female victims spoke in court yesterday about the humiliation and depression they faced following the assaults.

Victim impact statements from the two other victims were also tendered to the Bendigo County Court.

Judge Irene Lawson congratulated the women for being so strong.

“I want to say I appreciate the presence of all the victims today, and them speaking in court,” she said.

“What you did was very courageous and your actions have been vindicated by the verdicts returned by the two juries.

“I hope for the future you can repair the harm that’s been done. All the women involved have shown so much courage.

“You are all very strong women.”

Carrie* was one of two sisters who McLennan groomed for a sexual relationship in 2005.

Carrie was aged 15 at the time, her sister Alicia* just 13.

McLennan convinced both girls they were in a loving relationship and used them for sex over a period of several months.

Carrie said she had been “traumatised for years” by the assault.

“I have been overcome with feelings of hate and self-loathing… for believing that I was in a loving relationship,” she said.

“I blamed myself for not protecting Alicia.

“He abused us and I hated myself for letting it happen.”

Carrie said she tried to cope with her anguish through self-harm and prescription and illegal drugs.

Fighting tears she said she became anorexic and bulimic and tried to commit suicide several times.

But Carrie – supported in court by her partner and young child – said she would not let McLennan completely destroy her life.

“I have learnt I am strong and it’s not over yet,” she said.

Emily* was just 11 when she was sexually assaulted by McLennan.

Her victim impact statement was read to the court by Crown prosecutor Peter Jones.

Mr Jones said Emily had suffered from nightmares, stress, anxiety and depression since being sexually assaulted by McLennan.

Sam* was a teenager when McLennan indecently assaulted her.

She told the court she was left depressed an humiliated by the assault.

Her stepfather said the assault had an “enormous impact” on Sam’s life and her relationships.

“Her confidence in herself and other people has been shattered,” he said. “As a parent this is the worst feeling to see your daughter treated in this way.

“Young women need to know that predators like McLennan are locked away for a very long time.”

*Names have been changed to protect victims’ identity.

 

http://www.bendigoadvertiser.com.au/news/local/news/general/more-child-sex-charges/2093425.aspx

More child sex charges

WHITNEY HARRIS

04 Mar, 2011 04:00 AM

POLICE have charged the owner of Cowboy World at Epsom with more offences relating to the sexual assault of minors.

Ricky David McLennan, 48, is alleged to have had sex with two girls, aged 13 and 15, numerous times over a period of several months.

He is also alleged to have sexually assaulted a young girl, who is not yet a teenager, while he was taking her for a horse ride at his property.

Police raided the Midland Highway property in November and charged McLennan with three counts of sexual penetration of a child under the age 16.

He has since been charged with a further 41 offences. A spokeswoman at the Bendigo Magistrates Court said he was facing 27 counts of sexual penetration of a child under 16, 13 counts of committing an indecent act with a child under 16 and single counts of procuring a minor for making/producing child pornography, knowingly possessing child pornography, making a threat to inflict serious injury and engaging in child-related work without an assessment notice.

During a bail application on November 30, the court was told McLennan started a sexual relationship with the teenage girls more than four years ago. It was told he had sex with one of the girls more than 50 times.

The other teenager told police McLennan had sex with her almost every day they saw each other over a period of months.

Leading Senior Constable Sharon Stewart, who interviewed all three girls, told the court McLennan had threatened the youngest girl, telling her that if she told anyone about the assault bad things would come her way. “She has lived in constant fear of this day when Mr McLennan becomes aware that she has told someone.’’

During the bail application, the defence questioned the reliability of one of the victims, whom the court heard had initially denied a sexual relationship with McLennan when first approached by the police some years ago.

Defence lawyer Garry Quinn also dismissed claims that the alleged victims were in any danger, saying McLennan had no history of breaching his bail and had never been accused of contacting prosecution witnesses.

The application was granted, with conditions that McLennan report to Bendigo police station three times a week and he not contact the alleged victims.

He appeared in court on Wednesday for a committal mention. The matter was adjourned to March 30.

 

http://www.bendigoadvertiser.com.au/news/local/news/general/girlsex-claim-cowboy-man-accused/2012654.aspx

Girl-sex claim: ‘Cowboy’ man accused

WHITNEY HARRIS

01 Dec, 2010 04:00 AM

THE owner of Cowboy World at Epsom has been charged with the sexual assault of three girls aged under 16.

Ricky David McLennan, 48, is alleged to have had a sexual relationship with two of the girls when they were 13 and 15 years old.

The offences are alleged to have occurred more than four years ago and continued for several months.

He is alleged to have sex­ually assaulted the third victim, who is not yet a teenager, while taking her for a horse ride at his property.

McLennan was arrested yesterday morning after officers from the Bendigo sexual offences and child abuse unit raided his home and business on the Midland Highway.

He made an application for bail yesterday afternoon. It was granted despite being opposed by police.

Leading Senior Constable Sharon Stewart, who has interviewed all three girls, told the court she held grave fears for their safety if McLennan was released back into the community. She said he had threatened the younger girl, telling her that if she told anyone about the assault bad things would come her way.

“She lives in constant fear of Mr McLennan,” Leading Senior Constable Stewart said.

“She has lived in constant fear of this day when Mr McLennan becomes aware that she has told someone.”

The court heard that McLennan had a history of making threats and had in the past been convicted of making a threat to inflict serious injury.

He also has a prior con­viction for sexual assault, for which he received a term of imprisonment.

McLennan is alleged to have had sex with one of

the girls more than 50 times.

Another victim has made a statement to police saying McLennan had sex with her almost every day.

Police argued that McLennan would contact the victims and be an unacceptable risk of re-offending if released on bail.

However, the defence argued that McLennan had no history of breaching his bail and had never been accused of contacting prosecution witnesses in the past.

The defence also questioned the reliability of one of the victims, who the court heard had initially denied a sexual relationship with McLennan when first approached by the police some years ago.

McLennan is facing three counts of sexual penetration of a child under 16.

Further charges are expected to be laid in the coming months.

 

Join us on Facebook