Posts Tagged ‘Internet’


 

https://au.news.yahoo.com/vic/a/30805568/vic-man-pleads-guilty-to-porn-charges/

A registered sex offender who pleaded guilty to looking at child sex abuse images online has admitted using his dead wife’s phone to search for pictures of young girls.

Phillip Wayne Doherty, 59, says he was looking for “fat girls in bikinis” on the internet and browsing sexually explicit websites when he came across child sex abuse images.

He pleaded guilty in the Victorian County Court on Friday to multiple charges of using a carriage service to access child pornography and breaching parole and bail conditions that forbade him from using the internet.

The Thomastown truck driver has admitted looking at child sex abuse images, including a graphic video of a five-year-old child, between 2014 and October last year.

Doherty tried to hide evidence when police came to his home in October by throwing his dead wife’s phone in the bushes when he saw officers coming up his driveway, prosecutors told his plea hearing.

At the time he was already on bail for serious child pornography offences linked to a search of Doherty’s home two weeks after his wife died of cancer in August.

During the search the truckie confessed to police he had recently thrown out a computer that he had used to look at child abuse images.

He admitted he began using his wife’s computer in November 2014, even though his parole conditions prohibited him from using the internet.

Doherty was searching the internet for pictures of fat girls and browsing sexually explicit websites, thinking “I’m back to me old self again”, when he found the child sex abuse images.

“That’s when I got sucked in again,” he told police.

By Doherty’s own estimates, there were up to 300 child sex abuse images on the dumped computer.

He knew what he was doing was wrong, and often thought to himself: “I’m sick and I need help, but no one is going to help me”.

“I didn’t know who to ring,” he said in a police interview.

Police were unable to retrieve the computer and seized a number of electronic devices from Doherty’s home, who was charged and granted bail.

When officers returned to his home two months later and caught him trying to dump a smartphone, he admitted he had been using his wife’s phone to go online.

Doherty has been in custody since October. He will be sentenced on March 7.

 

Join us on Facebook

 

Advertisements

Boyce – Danial John - Sketch2

 

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/teacher-jailed-for-student-sex/story-e6freuz0-1225938287379

Teacher jailed for student sex

AN ENGLISH teacher who had sex with a 15-year-old student and then asked her to lie about the relationship has been jailed for three years.

Danial John Boyce, 29, had sex with the girl three times between August and September 2008, after the girl sent him naked images of herself over the internet, the Victorian County Court heard.

Boyce was the girl’s English teacher at a country Victorian school and initially tried to dissuade her from contacting him on the internet, the court heard.

But he later gave the girl his phone number and they became more friendly.

The relationship was revealed after the images were discovered during routine maintenance on Boyce’s school computer, the court heard today.

While on bail, police recorded Boyce telling the girl to “say it never happened” and that previous allegations were a lie.

After initially denying the relationship to police, Boyce confessed and pleaded guilty to sexual penetration of a child under 16 under his care, supervision or authority and attempting to pervert the course of justice.

Today, Judge Liz Gaynor jailed Boyce for three years and ordered he serve a minimum of 18 months in prison.

Having already served 400 days in custody, Boyce could walk free from jail in less than six months.

Judge Gaynor said the victim impact statements showed the girl was vulnerable and needed to be protected from forming a sexual relationship – regardless of whether she wanted the relationship – with someone older and in a position of trust over her.

“She was a child,” Judge Gaynor said.

“She and her mother should have been able to rely on you as a teacher to protect (her).

“I do accept that this relationship has caused her harm and disrupted her progress in life.”

Boyce wrote to Judge Gaynor expressing remorse and saying there was no-one to blame but himself.

“I had sex with a young girl … someone far too young for my age,” Boyce wrote in the letter.

Judge Gaynor said up until his offending Boyce had “risen fairly heroically” from his troubled family life.

Boyce’s mother physically and emotionally abused him and they lived in a house full of animals and animal excrement, the court heard.

Boyce will be a registered sex offender for 15 years.

Details of the school involved and the town where the offences took place cannot be revealed for legal reasons.

 

Join us on Facebook

 


Andrews – Darren James - Photo.

 

In 2010, Andrews was the Australian Democrats candidate in the seat of Sturt, SA. He withdrew from the federal election after admitting to a Channel 7 news reporter that he had been convicted of trying to procure a child for sex over the internet.

 

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009/06/29/2611776.htm

Bond imposed over internet sex bid

Posted Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:17pm AEST

A disabled man who tried to arrange sexual contact with teenage boys on the internet has been given a good behaviour bond.

Darren James Andrews, 32, pleaded guilty to two counts of communicating to make a child amenable to sexual activity.

The District Court in Adelaide heard he advertised on a dating website, clearly seeking meetings with boys for sexual purposes.

He arranged two meetings – one with a boy, 15, and the other with a police officer posing as a boy, but did not turn up to either.

The court heard Andrews suffers from a physical disability and learning disabilities and lives with his mother.

The judge suspended his six-month non-parole term and put him on a three-year good behaviour bond.

 

 Join us on Facebook

Craig Douglas Stewart

Posted: November 12, 2014 by Serendipity in Tasmania
Tags: , , , , , ,

 

http://www.themercury.com.au/article/2010/12/16/193611_tasmania-news.html

Sex crim’s longer sentence

DAVID KILLICK   |   December 16, 2010 12.01am

A REPEAT child-sex offender will spend an extra six months in prison because his latest crime was a breach of an earlier suspended sentence.

Craig Douglas Stewart, 42, formerly of New Town, appeared in the Supreme Court in Hobart yesterday.

The court heard Stewart was convicted in 2008 of exposing himself to a 12-year-old girl over the internet.

On that occasion, he undressed and performed a lewd act in front of a webcam before sending the girl explicit text messages.

Police who tracked him down through his mobile phone number found child pornography on his computer.

Justice Shan Tennent sentenced him to 18 months in jail but suspended six months of the sentence. He was released in May 2009.

Last month, Stewart was convicted of a string of further offences committed on a 15-year-old girl in August.

Stewart sent the girl an SMS message asking if she would sleep with him, and sent her a picture of himself naked.

They met and he drove her to Seven Mile Beach where he had sex with her without wearing a condom.

When police arrived at this home he said “I’ve made a mistake”.

Justice Peter Evans jailed Stewart for a year for communicating with intent to procure a person under the age of 17 to engage in an unlawful sexual act, indecent assault, and having sex with a young person under 17.

In the Supreme Court in Hobart yesterday, Justice Shan Tennent ordered he serve the six months when his current term finishes.

 

Join us on Facebook

 


 

http://www.bordermail.com.au/story/2540927/jail-for-use-of-social-media/

Jail for use of social media

Sept. 6, 2014, midnight

A SOUTH Albury man on the NSW Child Protection Register created an email address and personal Facebook page contrary to restrictions imposed on him and tried to hide them from police, a court was told yesterday.

Andrew Joseph Pollard was put on the register because of a sexual assault conviction in 2006.

He was released from custody in March on strict parole conditions.

Later Pollard, who has an intellectual disability, provided police with updated phone contact details and said he had no internet registration or social site information to disclose.

But his email address and Facebook page were created on May 6.

There were numerous discussions with an Albury detective between March 9 and July 5 and Pollard denied any internet usage.

Police became aware a page had been created by him with a Sydney address.

Officers spoke to him on July 5 and he denied using Facebook, but evidence was found on his mobile phones.

Pollard, 46, of Abercorn Street, pleaded guilty in Albury Local Court yesterday to a charge of failing to comply with reporting conditions.

Solicitor Joy Kirby said Pollard’s parole was revoked on July 25 and his earliest release date is now June 24, 2016.

Ms Kirby said his family lives in Queensland and he wanted to com-municate with them.

“There is no suggestion that he was using his Facebook inappropriately,” Ms Kirby said.

She said the regulations involved with being on the register are quite cumbersome and Pollard claimed that he did not fully understand them.

“The consequences of this breach are already being felt by him,” Ms Kirby said.

Magistrate Megan Greenwood said Pollard was required to notify police of any change with his circumstances.

“This was a situation where you just did not comply,” she said.

Ms Greenwood said Pollard has a poor criminal record with a number of serious sex offences.

She imposed a three-month jail term to expire on December 4.

 


 

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/national/sex-predators-jailed-after-online-sting-by-police/story-e6frf7l6-1225956858773

Sex predators jailed after online sting by police

  • Tony Keim
  • From: The Courier-Mail
  • November 19, 2010 10:55PM

A BRISBANE pharmacist and an entertainment manager are both behind bars after grooming a sexually inexperienced 14-year-old girl over the internet who was actually a male police officer.

A District Court jury deliberated almost a day before this afternoon finding 60-year-old pharmacist Kenneth Leslie Sternes guilty of using a carriage service, the internet, to groom a person under 16 and eight of using the internet to expose a child under 16 to indecent material between January 7 and February 25 last year.

At the same time entertainment manager and part-time radio announcer Christopher Francis Costello, 50, was before another court several rooms away being sentenced to 2¼ years’ jail after a Brisbane jury in July found him guilty of similar offences between January 19 and February 16, last year.

In both cases the men were chatting with the same male police officer posing as “Cassie” in computer internet chatrooms.

“Cassie” who was in fact an officer for the Queensland Police Service’s Crime Operations Command Taskforce Argos described herself in her internet profile as a sexually inexperienced 14-year-old girl living with her mother at Browns Plains.

Commonwealth prosecutors, in both cases, said the men started corresponding with “Cassie” – who used the internet username “cassiedaluvbug” – in a Yahoo Messenger internet chat room and later continued communicating with via MSN Messenger.

Prosecutor Deb Mayall, in opening the case against Sternes this week, said the pharmacist went by the computer nickname “aussiejimmy3” and asked “Cassie” for her mobile number, questions of a sexual nature and whether she was sexually experienced and interested in boys.

She said during internet chats and messages Sternes encouraged “Cassie” to pleasure herself sexually, not tell her mother of their chat exchanges, asking to meet her for sexual encounters and if she considered him to be her boyfriend.

Sternes also sent the “girl” photos and videos of his exposed penis and of himself masturbating on eight occasions.

Ms Mayall said during internet chats Sternes asked the girl “if she had boobs or hair down there” and even “offered to educate” her on matters of a sexual nature.

Sternes has been remanded in custody for sentencing on a date to be fixed.

In July, the Commonwealth prosecutor Glenn Rice revealed Costello spent 13-hours sending messages to “Cassie” and sent “her” photographic images of himself shaving his pubic hair and masturbating.

Costello had been the holder of a Blue Card – a government permit which allowed him to work or volunteer with children.

Judge David Reid today jailed Costello for 27 months, but ordered he be eligible for release from September 10 next year.

Andrew Jon Wadas

Posted: August 25, 2014 by Serendipity in NSW
Tags: , , , , , ,

 

http://www.theherald.com.au/news/local/news/general/paedophile-pleads-guilty-to-grooming-11yearold/2532539.aspx

Paedophile pleads guilty to grooming 11-year-old

STEPHEN RYAN

24 Apr, 2012 02:12 PM

A CONVICTED paedophile who organised a rendezvous online with an 11-year-old boy pleaded guilty this morning to grooming a child over the internet for sex.

Andrew Jon Wadas, 38, has been in custody since his arrest at a beach near Swansea last December where he was hoping to meet an 11-year-old boy.

Instead he met police who had been monitoring Wadas’s activity online for a month.

They recorded sexually explicit conversations Wadas was having online including one boast that he had performed various sex acts with a 10-year-old boy in a shower.

Wadas has previous convictions on his record for child sex offences.

He will face Newcastle District Court next week where a sentence date will be set.

 

Join us on Facebook