Posts Tagged ‘Lismore District Court’


 

Age:   68  (2015)

Location:  Urbenville  NSW 

Offence:   Pleaded guilty to charges of committing an act of indecency on a person under 16, committing an act of indecency upon a person over 16.

Sentence:  Sentenced to 12 months’ jail with a non-parole period of nine months.

Other:   Stubbings lost an appeal against the severity of his sentence. He was also placed on the sex offenders register. Stubbings must report to police yearly, to advise police of his mobile phone number, his internet details and who resides in his premises. Stubbings must advise police and obtain permission if he wants to travel outside of NSW.

 

 

 

Advertisements

 

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/08/04/1059849343290.html

Double move to block pedophile

By Stephen Gibbs
August 5 2003

The State Government will move to clarify regulations which allowed a child sex offender to work as a security guard for a firm that protects 300 public schools.

But first police will appeal against a ruling by the Administrative Decisions Tribunal that gave the man the right to hold a security licence. They are prepared to go all the way to the Supreme Court if necessary.

The tribunal found last week that Kevin George Jacobs should not have been refused a security licence on the basis of his convictions for having sex with two 14-year-old boys.

Tribunal member Sigrid Higgins, sitting alone, ruled that Mr Jacobs was not subject to a mandatory rejection of his application because his crimes did not constitute “assault” under the relevant legislation.

Ms Higgins also rejected an earlier finding that Mr Jacobs was not a fit and proper person to hold a licence.

Mr Jacobs pleaded guilty in April 2000 to two counts of having sexual intercourse with a male aged between 10 and 16, and served 12 months of a two-year sentence.

His application for a security licence was initially refused by NSW Police on the basis that it was against the public interest; and refused again after an internal review found granting Mr Jacobs a security licence would be illegal because of his crimes.

Mr Jacobs went to the tribunal, where his lawyer successfully argued he be allowed to work for his former North Coast employer, All Points Security, but only in the control room.

A conviction for most assaults within the past 10 years automatically precludes the granting of a security licence, but many sex offences fall outside the technical definition of assault.

The Police Minister, John Watkins, said the tribunal’s interpretation of the law was wrong, but he would change the regulations if they were not clear.

“The ADT decision is wrong, it’s interpretation is misguided, and it will be appealed,” Mr Watkins said.

“I’ll take it to the Supreme Court if necessary to ensure this convicted criminal is stripped of his licence.

“I’ll be working with the Attorney-General to clarify the regulations and ensure any confusion over these powers is removed.

“The legislation clearly says the commissioner can revoke any security licence if he is of the opinion that the licensee is no longer a fit and proper person to hold a licence.

“The Government ensured the commissioner was given these important powers, and we won’t allow them to be taken away or diluted by the ADT.”

The Police Commissioner, Ken Moroney, said an appeal was already under way.

“I’ve lodged an appeal and instructed my police prosecutors to proceed with the appeal . . . This goes to the heart of the very safety and wellbeing of the community,” Mr Moroney said.

 

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/08/03/1059849282553.html

Pedophile cleared for schools job

By Stephen Gibbs
August 4 2003

A convicted child sex offender has won the right to hold a security licence and work for a company that guards 300 public schools.

The Police Commissioner, Ken Moroney, is angered by a tribunal ruling that in effect found Kevin George Jacobs – who was jailed for two years for having sexual intercourse with two 14-year-old boys – was a fit and proper person to hold the licence.

Applicants for a security licence are disqualified if they have an assault conviction in the past decade, but the Administrative Decisions Tribunal found that Mr Jacobs’s sex crimes did not legally constitute assault.

Now Mr Jacobs, of Tweed Heads, is free to work for All Point Security, based in Murwillumbah.

Mr Moroney had originally refused Mr Jacobs’s application for a Class 1ABC security licence because it would be contrary to the public interest. Mr Jacobs appealed, and an internal police review found that not only was issuing him a security licence contrary to public interest, but his criminal convictions meant his application legally had to be refused.

Again he appealed, this time to the tribunal, which last week found that he could hold a Class 1A security licence.

This authorises him to “patrol, guard, watch or protect property, including the guarding of cash in transit or to carry on such other activities as may be described by the regulations”.

But All Point Security, which employed Mr Jacobs before his conviction, guaranteed he would now work only in its control room and administration.

“On this basis it cannot be said that Mr Jacobs is not a fit and proper person to be issued with such a licence,” the tribunal’s Sigrid Higgins ruled.

Mr Moroney said he would appeal vigorously. A barrister for the commissioner had argued that Mr Jacobs’s job description was not restrictive enough because Mr Moroney could not enforce it and the man could change employers.

The Security Industry Act prohibits a person being issued with a security licence if the commissioner is satisfied the applicant “is not a fit and proper person to hold the class of licence sought”.

The commissioner must also refuse a licence if the applicant has in the past 10 years been convicted of an offence “involving assault of any description”.

But Ms Higgins ruled that while the offences were serious, Mr Jacobs was never charged with any form of “assault”. It appeared that the relevant legislation was not intended to include sexual offences, she said.

In April 2000 Mr Jacobs pleaded guilty in Lismore District Court to two counts of sexual intercourse with a male person under the age of 16 and above the age of 10.

The previous year he had performed oral sex on two 14-year-old boys, one of whom he had known for nearly three years and with whom he had formed “a strong emotional attachment”. He had previously given that youth $20 to remove his clothes.

Police who searched Mr Jacobs’s home seized books containing pictures of naked boys, similar photographs and videotapes showing male-on-male sex.

In a covering letter to his security licence application in August last year, Mr Jacobs said his criminal conduct had stemmed from his state of mind at the time.

In August 1998, he said, his partner of six years had left him and two nights later he witnessed a double motor vehicle fatality which left him deeply traumatised. As well, his stepfather had suffered a terminal illness and died.

In his application, Mr Jacobs said his life had now “settled down” and he believed he had been fully rehabilitated.

This was supported by evidence from his doctor and parole officer, and references from his former employer, who wanted him back. Mr Jacobs’s barrister had submitted that the public would be afforded greater protection from him if he was in stable employment.

 

Join us on Facebook

 

Raymond Edward Allard

Posted: July 12, 2012 by Serendipity in NSW
Tags: , ,

 

http://www.northernstar.com.au/story/2009/04/18/childhood-abuse-fathers-hands-leaves-scars/

Childhood abuse at father’s hands leaves scars

Ross Irby | 18th April 2009

THE vulnerable little girl is a woman now, but a woman left shattered and ruined by the destruction of her innocence and dreams at the hands of the man she calls ‘the monster’ – her father.

Louise Allard knows she will never be the woman she should have been, and says her story must be told because she fears other girls are being subjected to ongoing assaults by the men who should be the families’ protectors yet carry out crimes of sexual abuse.

As a child she said no-one heard her silent screams for help.

Louise’s wicked monster, Raymond Edward Allard, a giant of a man in stature but a pathetic creature in his daughter’s eyes, pleaded guilty in Lismore District Court to indecently assaulting her 30 years
ago in Kyogle.

Using the defence argument of ongoing bad health, Allard, a professional fisherman, received a suspended 12-month jail sentence for his shameful crime after pleading guilty before Judge James Black to one count of historic child sexual abuse.

For Louise his publicly admitting to the offence with a guilty plea was something she needed to hear, but it does not end the tough journey she has endured where despair, depression, alcohol and drug abuse, self-harm, eating disorders, and tortured thoughts of taking her own life were her lonely companions.

Described as a case of historic childhood sexual abuse Louise remains the victim – estranged from her mother and two siblings who, she says, blame her for the break-up of the family many years ago when her father finally left their home never to return.

Most people love their childhood memories, safe and secure in the strength of their family life, but for Louise it is blank.

She lost her ability to laugh and play, and lived her young life at Kyogle in fear.

She said her father was already an alcoholic and she remembers at times having to fend off his sexual advances.

Innocent Saturday mornings watching the television cartoons lying in bed with her father was an ugly memory for the 11-year-old as it was then that she said he would make his predatory advances.

Louise says it was more than the one count he pleaded guilty to and his alcoholism was no excuse.

There was the gut-wrenching fear of going home after school knowing that, with her mother still at work, the monster could be inside waiting for her.

It had been a relief when he finally left for good, but the lasting damage was done.

“I would spend days not talking to people, even at school,” Louise recalls. “At high school I think I had the early stages of my depression and was silently screaming all the time. I was living in a town I hated and I needed so much help.

“I’m sure my mother knew something was going on. At 13 she gave me a book about a girl who loses her mind and her parents put her in institution.%an

“I think at the time she was trying to say there is something wrong (with me) and I remember her asking me ‘Do you hear voices in your head?’ But I was not crazy.”

Louise could not face her monster in the Lismore courtroom and instead read her victim impact statement by video camera from another room. Reading her statement was emotionally very difficult.

“I was abused by the person who was supposed to be my natural father. It was so hard because I had to admit then that he was my natural father who did this,” she said afterwards.

Now a very protective mother of her own children, Louise says people around her could never understand why she was so distrusting until they heard her story.

The crime infected every corner of her life.

“I realise how much I’ve been ripped-off out of my life,” she said.

“All those special occasions like Christmas and birthdays were all ruined. Aren’t your family supposed to be part of it?

“I would dread Christmas for weeks. It was always such a bad time for me. I’m going well now but for so long I have been suffering, and often thought of killing myself.”

When she decided to be part of the police investigation, professional counsellors told her the truth deserved to be told and it would set her free.

“The people who were lied to all these years need to know,” she said.

“Louise Allard is still that hurt little girl who deserves to have the truth known.”

 

Join us on Facebook