Posts Tagged ‘Newcastle train station’


 
After a drawn-out two year legal process Randall, who pleaded guilty, was sentenced on October 16, 2009. He received a two-year suspended sentence with supervision.
 

http://www.theherald.com.au/news/local/news/general/teenage-girl-deceived-over-internet-before-hamilton-assault/1608098.aspx

Teenage girl deceived over internet before Hamilton assault

BY STEPHEN RYAN

28/08/2009 4:00:00 AM

‘I wanted so badly to feel safe again.’

Teenage victim

A TEENAGE girl feels like she lost the power to say “no” after she was deceived then lured to meet Corey Andrew Randall before having sex with him, Newcastle District Court heard yesterday.

The girl, who cannot be identified, was 15 when she chatted online with Randall in October 2007, a statement of facts said.

Randall, 38, initially posed as 15-year-old “Craig from Parra” before later stating that he was 18, then 27. He was 36 at the time of the offences.

Randall convinced the girl to meet him at Newcastle train station on October 25, 2007, before catching a bus with the girl to his Hamilton home.

He had sex with the girl before she complained that he was hurting her.

The victim became upset and asked to leave before she rang her mother who picked her up and took her to John Hunter Hospital.

Randall, of Lawson Street, has previously pleaded guilty to using the internet to groom the girl for sexual activity and having sexual intercourse with a girl under the age of 16.

The sexual assault charge carries a maximum penalty of 10 years’ jail while the grooming charge carries a maximum jail term of 12 years.

A charge of aggravated indecent assault will also be taken into account when Judge Ralph Coolahan sentences Randall.

The case was adjourned to next week.

The girl’s mother read a victim impact statement to the court yesterday.

The victim has suffered from nightmares, flashbacks and depression since the incident, the statement said.

“I wanted so badly to feel safe again,” the statement said.

“I’m afraid to go to Newcastle train station or Hamilton in case he might be there.

“Some days I felt like I wanted to die.

“I feel like I lost the power to say ‘no’ to someone.”

Most of the online conversations between Randall and the victim in the days leading up to the offences were sexually explicit, the statement of facts said.

Randall and the victim discussed their ages and stayed in contact via several chat-rooms and email accounts before Randall obtained the girl’s phone number.

 

Join us on Facebook

Advertisements

 

UPDATED:  JUNE 2015

Luke Skuthorpe will not have his sentence extended even though he reneged on a deal to testify against an alleged co-offender. He received a 10 per cent discount on his sentence for agreeing to testify against the relative but he never made a statement to police and did not sign an agreement to assist the prosecution. The relative had the charges dropped due to a lack of evidence.

 

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/1272017/man-jailed-for-rape-of-teenager/?cs=305

Man jailed for rape of teenager

By STEPHEN RYAN

Jan. 31, 2013, 10:30 p.m.

A MAN who raped a 14-year-old girl on the Newcastle Foreshore with another man was jailed for more than seven years yesterday while his accomplice remains on the run.

Luke Skuthorpe, 26, had  been released on parole only two weeks before he lured the girl from Newcastle train station on January 1, 2012, to an area near Customs House, Judge Peter Berman said.

The girl was so drunk she could barely stand, but she tried to stop Skuthorpe from kissing and fondling her, the court heard.

He led her to an area in the park, put her on the ground and removed some of her clothes while she resisted.

He and the other man   raped the girl telling her, ‘‘You love this, you’re loving this’’, before leaving her lying on the ground.

She eventually found her clothes and got help before attending John Hunter Hospital.

Skuthorpe, formerly of Newcastle, was arrested last March and initially denied having sex with the girl.

When police told him  they had extracted his DNA from the girl he admitted performing an act on her, but when informed  they had extracted his semen from the girl he still maintained he hadn’t had sex with her.

Skuthorpe waited until the day of his trial to plead guilty to aggravated sexual assault.

Judge Berman jailed him for seven years and six months with a non-parole period of five years.

Skuthorpe will be eligible for parole in March 2017.

Skuthorpe was given a discount on his sentence for telling Newcastle District Court how the other man  took part in the rape.

 

Join us on Facebook