Posts Tagged ‘Queensland Corrective Services’


 

UPDATE:  JULY 2017

Loudon has had his supervision order extended after a psychiatrist report stating he was still a moderate risk of re-offending.

 

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/national/16449625/qld-child-abuser-must-wear-tracker-judge/

Qld child abuser must wear tracker: judge

Christine Flatley, AAP March 26, 2013, 2:24 pm

A man who repeatedly abused children over a 20-year period has failed to convince a court he should have his monitoring anklet removed.

Kevin Michael Loudon was released from jail in 2007 on a strict community-based supervision order after serving multiple lengthy sentences for raping and abusing young boys and girls in far north Queensland.

He breached the supervision order in 2009 and was released back into the community on the provision he wear a GPS tracking device and abide by a curfew.

Late last year lawyers acting for Loudon wrote to Queensland Corrective Services asking that the device and curfew requirements be removed from the order.

Through his lawyers, Loudon argued the anklet caused him stress and anxiety because he couldn’t conceal it easily when in public.

He also argued his good behaviour warranted a relaxation in his restrictions.

However in a written judgment published on Tuesday, Brisbane Supreme Court Justice Martin Daubney disagreed, ruling Loudon was still a risk to the community.

 

Join us on Facebook

 

Advertisements

 

http://www.townsvillebulletin.com.au/news/townsville-sex-offender-returned-to-custody-after-allegedly-breaching-conditions/story-fnjfzs4b-1227031269753

Townsville sex offender returned to custody after allegedly breaching conditions

  • EMMA CHANNON COURT REPORTER
  • Townsville Bulletin
  • August 20, 20149:48PM

A DANGEROUS sex offender released from jail despite being listed as “high risk” of reoffending has been returned to custody, after allegedly breaching parole conditions.

Brian John Daphney, 35, was released last year after serving a 15-year jail sentence for the heinous rape of a four-year-old girl.

Justice Anthe Philippides released Daphney on August 8 last year on a four-year supervised release order, despite saying she was unsure whether the order would provide adequate protection for the community.

“There is sufficient evidence to satisfy the court to a high degree of probability that the respondent is a serious danger to the community … in that there is an unacceptable risk that he will commit a sexual offence in the absence of a(n) … order,” she said.

“The question that then arises is whether adequate protection of the community may be ensured by a supervision order or whether a continuing detention order is indicated.”

Attorney-General Jarrod Bleijie applied in the Supreme Court this week to have Daphney kept in custody until the possible breaches of him allegedly accessing child pornography were dealt with.

“The Government promised Queenslanders that it would make this state the safest place to raise a family,” Mr Bleijie said.

“Queensland now has some of the strongest anti-sex offender laws in the country and we will always fight to keep dangerous offenders away from the community.”

Barrister Wayne Pennell applied to keep Daphney in custody, which wasn’t opposed by the defendant’s legal team.

Daphney was released from custody on a supervised order on July 29, 2013, after he had served 15 years in jail.

On July 31 this year, officers from Queensland Corrective Services downloaded his phone search history and discovered he had looked at pornography after searching “young” and “teen”.

On August 11, officers again reviewed his phone and noticed a “significant increase in violent pornographic themes”.

QCS officers said they held concerns for community safety if Daphney was to stay at large.

Daphney was 19 when he broke into a Heatley home in November 1997 to steal money, but ended up sodomising a four-year-old girl.

Daphney’s alleged breaches will be dealt with later.

 

Join us on Facebook

 


 

UPDATED: DECEMBER 2014

Foy has had his parole supervision order extended for a further three years, after the Attorney-General Jarrod Bleijie made an application in the Brisbane Supreme Court, claiming he posed an unacceptable risk of reoffending.

 

http://www.qt.com.au/story/2011/11/16/anger-at-pedophiles-move-to-the-country/

Rickuss angry at paedophile move

Geoff Egan | 16th November 2011

MEMBER for Lockyer Ian Rickuss has questioned the State Government’s policy for placing sex offenders following a convicted pedophile’s brief placement to a property near Harrisville.

In a speech to State Parliament last night Mr Rickuss said the decision to place paedophile Mark Anthony Foy in the Scenic Rim town of Harrisville was an “inappropriate, stupid decision.”

Mr Rickuss said Foy was a “repeat offender” who was a “high risk” of re-offending.

“In 2001 Foy underwent a sex offenders program…The co-ordinator deemed there was still a high risk of Foy re-offending,” Mr Rickuss said.

“So after the expert information – what does the Corrective Services Minister do with Mr Foy?

“He imposes him on one of the smallest communities in south east Queensland – the small community of Harrisville.”

Mr Rickuss said the Foy’s employers during his Harrisville stay were unaware of his crimes.

“Even the resident who’s house Foy was living in and the people he was doing casual work for did not know what a creep Foy was.”

However Corrective Services acting commissioner Marlene Morison said Foy’s employers were aware of his crimes.

“She was made aware of the details of the offences and the ages of the victims,” she said.

“She stated that she was unsure of whether she wanted to take responsibility for housing a ‘paedophile’ and stated that she would need to reconsider her offer.

“The woman contacted Wacol staff the following day on 19 August, 2011, and advised she had spoken with her husband, and they decided to give offender Foy a chance at residing on their farm and working for them.”

Ms Morison said Foy had been located an appropriate distance from facilities where children would be present.

“The property was set on acreage approximately 3.5 kilometres from the centre of Harrisville, 2.3 km from the nearest Primary School.

“The closest parks were 5.9km and 6.6km from the property. The closest licenses premises was 2.6km from the property and the closest shopping centre was… 20.5km from the residence.”

 

http://www.qt.com.au/story/2011/11/04/pedophile-forcedout-outraged-residents-demand-pedo/

Pedophile forced out

Geoff Egan | 4th November 2011

A CONVICTED pedophile’s brief settlement in a rural town near Ipswich has sparked outrage in the community.

Mark Anthony Foy, who has served jail time for a string of child sex offences, is believed to have been relocated to a property outside Harrisville, south of Ipswich, before being moved to “contingency accommodation” at the Wacol prison reserve on November 2.

Foy was jailed in 2001 for 12 counts of indecent treatment of children under 12 years old and one count of indecent treatment of a child under 16 years old.

A Harrisville Neighbourhood Watch meeting saw more than double its usual turnout as residents voiced their outrage.

Harrisville Neighbourhood Watch president Pam Lobwein said people were irate at Foy’s presence.

“People are very, very upset,” she said.

“They want him removed there and then, they want him removed and they don’t want him in the area.”

Ms Lobwein said while it is believed he is located outside of Harrisville he has been spotted, wearing a monitoring bracelet, in town and close to the school.

“Why is he allowed near the school?” she asked.

Member for Lockyer Ian Rickuss said he was outraged a convicted pedophile had been placed in a small community such as Harrisville.

“(Harrisville residents) are bloody fuming,” he said. “It’s a small community; there is only one police officer out here at the moment.

“Why would you place someone with such a bad record as Foy in a town with so few facilities?

“It’s totally inappropriate to put them in places like Harrisville.

“You’ve got to question the process of where they place these blokes if Harrisville is an option.”

Department of Corrective Services acting commissioner Peter Bottomley said while an offender had been living in the area that person was moved.

“An offender subject to a community-based supervision order under the terms of the Dangerous Prisoners (Sexual Offenders) Act was living in approved accommodation in the Ipswich region,” Mr Bottomley said.

“The offender was under the supervision of Queensland Corrective Services, including electronic monitoring.

“The offender was yesterday (Wednesday) relocated to alternative contingency accommodation.”

Foy was found in breach of his supervision order in 2008 after being caught swimming in the Chuwar quarry with two teenage boys.

 

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,25333278-5005941,00.html

Pedophile ‘keeps breaching supervision’

Article from: AAP

April 14, 2009 03:29pm

A NOTORIOUS pedophile is making a mockery of the justice system by continuing to breach his supervision order, a court has been told.

Mark Anthony Foy, 47, has been in custody since December last year for breaching his community-based supervision order for the fourth time.

He was arrested after a police officer caught him swimming with a 13-year-old boy at a waterhole at Chuwar, west of Brisbane.

Under the Dangerous Prisoners (Sexual Offenders) Act supervision order Foy is prohibited from having contact with children under 16.

He was released from prison under the order in January 2005 after serving four and a half years’ jail for offences against nine children aged between six and 12.

The court was told this latest incident was the first breach of the order to have involved children.

Previous breaches involved drugs and alcohol, and failure to attend medical appointments.

The court was told Foy denies having approached the teenage boy at the waterhole, where he said he had been waiting for friends.

Since his arrest Foy has been assessed by a psychiatrist who concluded the latest breach did not increase Foy’s risk of reoffending.

However barrister Jeff Rowls, who appeared for Attorney-General Cameron Dick, said Foy’s repeated breaches showed a blatant disregard for the supervision order.

“A supervision order is only effective if its terms are complied with, and on this occasion Mr Foy has had three previous warnings,” he said. “It makes a mockery of the system of the act.”

Despite his concerns, Mr Rowls did not formally apply for Foy to be detained in custody indefinitely for the breach.

Justice Ann Lyons adjourned her decision about whether to return Foy to the community under the same order.

 

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2008/07/15/2304393.htm?site=brisbane

Convicted paedophile released after supervision order breach

Posted July 15, 2008 15:40:00
Updated July 15, 2008 15:39:00

A man convicted of molesting children has been freed by the Supreme Court in Brisbane after committing another breach of his supervision order.

Mark Anthony Foy was freed from jail in 2005 on an order under the Dangerous Prisoners Sexual Offenders Act.

He has been returned to custody on several occasions for breaching the order.

He was back before the Court again today after his latest breach, which involved the use of valium, doctor shopping to obtain the drug and failing to report to Corrective Services.

The conditions of Foy’s release were again varied, this time by Justice Margaret White, so that Foy must adhere to curfews and electronic monitoring as directed by Corrective Services.

 

Join us on Facebook