Posts Tagged ‘“repeat offender”’


 

 

UPATE:  JULY 2017

Lester ‘Sooty’ Mills has been sentenced in Wollongong District Court to almost three years jail. He will be required to serve half his sentence before he is eligible for release on parole in October 2018.

 

http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/story/4632676/disgraced-fourth-reich-bikie-pleads-guilty-to-child-sex-abuse/

Former Fourth Reich bikie Lester Mills confesses to sexual abuse of underage girl

Shannon Tonkin
1 May 2017, 5:55 p.m.

A Brownsville man who indecently assaulted an underage girl at his home in 2015 has been identified in court as Lester ‘Sooty’ Mills, a convicted paedophile and former member of the Fourth Reich outlaw motorcycle gang.

Mills, a long time associate of the Albion Park-based club, touched the girl’s genitals then video-taped her in her school uniform one afternoon in September 2015 when she was at his house with a family member.

He also put $100 on the kitchen table and told the girl he’d give it to her if she came back to the house on another day and “stayed for an hour”.

The girl disclosed the incident to her family that afternoon and the incident was reported to police. Mills was arrested and charged the following day.

His criminal history reveals it was the second time Mills had abused underage children. In the early 2000s, he was sentenced to three years’ jail for similar offences against a child under the age of 10.

Meantime, a month after Mills’ 2015 arrest, specialist police carried out a controversial raid on the Fourth Reich’s Albion Park headquarters during a charity bike show in which officers were recorded telling people they were supporting a club that “has members that sexually assault kids”.

Club lawyer Bill Whitby confirmed that the club had stripped Mills of his membership after the 2015 charges were laid.

Mills had been due to stand trial on those charges in Wollongong District Court this week, however entered pleas of guilty on Monday morning.

He did not oppose a Crown application to revoke his bail, with his lawyer saying her client conceded he would be facing full-time prison when he is sentenced on July 7.

 

Join us on Facebook

 


 

UPDATE:  MAY 2017

Justice Elkaim sentenced Sutton to two years’ imprisonment, to be suspended after 18 months upon entering a three-year good behaviour order.

He ordered Sutton to take part in the adult sex offender program. He will be released next June.

 

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-12-03/4500-child-porn-images-videos-allegedly-saved-by-act-man/8089806

More than 4,000 child pornography files allegedly found on Canberra man’s hard drive

Updated 3 Dec 2016, 12:39pm

A Canberra man accused of storing thousands of child pornography files has been refused bail in the ACT Magistrates Court.

Mackenzie William Sutton, 36, was charged with two offences after a police search of his home in Nicholls on Friday.

The prosecutor told the court nearly 4,500 images and videos were found on a hard drive, mostly of girls between the ages of three and nine.

Two USB thumb drives were also located, which police said may have contained child pornography that had been deleted.

During questioning, Sutton told police he didn’t know where the images came from and suggested that “hackers” could have targeted him because he was a Donald Trump supporter.

Sutton’s defence attorney applied for bail, noting he had an inherited intellectual impairment and that he was not a likely flight risk.

But this was opposed by the prosecution, who said there was a risk of interference with evidence and of further offending.

TOR software used, raising dark web concerns

Senior constable Michael Harris, from ACT Policing, told the court all of the material appeared to have been downloaded in November 2016 alone and that this was “highly unusual”.

Senior Constable Harris said the fact that TOR software, which enables anonymous internet communication, was also found suggested Sutton was familiar with the dark web.

“The moment he gets on the internet he [would] be able to delete it … unrecoverable forever,” he said.

Senior Constable Harris also told the court internet restrictions would be almost impossible to police.

“I find it difficult to be certain that he would not access internet from any other device he picks up,” he said.

Sutton was denied bail and will return to court on December 20.

 

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009/10/23/2722493.htm?site=idx-act

Man avoids jail time for child porn

Posted October 23, 2009 13:30:00

A Canberra judge has described sentencing an intellectually impaired man who downloaded thousands of child pornography images, as a difficult decision.

Mackenzie William Sutton, 29, pleaded guilty to accessing and possessing child pornography.

The ACT Supreme Court heard Interpol gave Australian police Sutton’s computer IP address after it was found to have accessed a Croation site under investigation.

Police seized Sutton’s computer in 2007 and found nearly 8,000 images and 116 videos featuring illicit images involving hundreds of children.

Justice Richard Refshauge sentenced him to two years jail but he will serve a three year good behaviour order with strict conditions instead of time in custody.

Justice Reshauge said although it was abhorrent, Sutton has a limited capacity to understand the nature of the offence.

He said he hopes the community understands the sentence was a very hard decision.

 

Join us on Facebook

 


Potgieter – Paul John or Johann - Photo2

 

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-10-12/20111012-child-porn-reoffender-avoids-jail/3553766?section=tas

Child porn repeat offender avoids jail

Posted October 12, 2011 15:05:33

A Tasmanian court has heard a man convicted of accessing and possessing about 12,000 child pornography images re-offended just eight months after being given a suspended sentence on similar charges.

In October 2007 Paul Johann Potgieter was convicted of accessing and possessing child pornography on his work computer.

He was given a suspended sentence and had his name added to the sex offender register until 2015.

He also lost his Treasury job.

The following year, the 36-year-old downloaded more than 12,000 images under 167 different user names on his private laptop.

The Supreme Court in Hobart heard there were psychological reasons behind his offending.

The court ordered that 12 months be added to the first suspended sentence and that eight months jail on the new offences should also be suspended.

Potgieter’s listing on the sex offender register will be extended until 2017.

 

Join us on Facebook

 

Glyn Frank Harrod

Posted: November 10, 2012 by Serendipity in Location, Photo, Queensland
Tags: , ,

 

http://www.townsvillebulletin.com.au/article/2011/02/26/210861_news.html

Child porn case result

TOWNSVILLE BULLETIN |  February 26th, 2011

PAEDOPHILE Glyn Frank Harrod was released yesterday after pleading guilty to a charge of possessing child pornographic material.

However, it was his fifth court appearance on child sex charges after being locked up for 37 months in America for an offence of travelling with the intention to engage in a sexual act with a juvenile.

The 47-year-old, who has been on medication to treat his perversion, was labelled a “repeat offender” by Crown Prosecutor Jessica Goldie.

The Magnetic Island man has been convicted for possessing 400 child pornography images, 24 paedophilia literature documents and a child abuse video game.

Ms Goldie said some of the material involved sadism and bestiality of children.

Harrod’s latest charge occurred between February 1 and March 8, 2010 after his boss caught him downloading child pornography literature.

Judge Terry Martin SC labelled Harrod a paedophile but agreed with defence barrister Greg Lynham that rehabilitation was needed and incarceration would not assist.

The defendant was give a 10-month sentence to be served as an intensive correctional order reporting to corrective services, counselling and carrying out community service.

 

Join us on Facebook