Posts Tagged ‘Sarina’


 

 

Age:  24

Location:   Townsville  QLD

Offence:  Pleaded guilty in Townsville District Court to five child exploitation material charges and two of using electronic communications in attempt to procure a child.

Sentence:  TBA

Other:  Afflick used video chat site Omegle & messenger app Kik to speak to others.  He once pretended to be a 12-year-old girl.

 

Advertisements

Mangnoson – Peter John - Photoa

 

http://www.dailymercury.com.au/story/2009/10/15/child-sex-offender-mackay-court/

Child sex offender in Mackay court

Bruce Mckean | 15th October 2009

PETER Mangnoson moved to Sarina from South Australia after being convicted of a child pornography offence but police had to track him down and take him to court in Mackay after he failed to register as a reportable sex offender despite being given official notification.

When police went to get him in Sarina on Tuesday, Mangnoson tried to avoid them by walking behind the backyards of neighbours’ properties to get to his own back door.

He was unco-operative and aggressive towards Mackay Child Protection and Investigation Unit detectives and was handcuffed and arrested.

He was refused bail and held in custody overnight until his case yesterday.

Peter John Mangnoson, 40, who used to live in Whyalla, was convicted in March this year of possessing child pornography on his mobile phone.

Mangnoson lost the phone in a hotel last year and it was handed in to South Australian police who found a significant number of sexual images of children.

Judge Peter Herriman said Mangnoson’s partner supported him through the trial and said she had confidence in his rehabilitation.

Judge Herriman set a jail term of 15 months, suspending it for a two-year good behaviour bond and 96 hours of community service.

Mangnoson pleaded guilty in the Mackay Magistrate’s Court yesterday to failing to comply with reporting conditions imposed by the Australian National Child Offence Register (ANCOR) on October 6.

The court heard that he was convicted of a child sex offence in South Australia on March 6 this year.

Prosecutor Constable Tania Cutler said Mangnoson had to be a reportable offender for eight years.

Detectives gave him a notice to report on September 8, requiring him to register within 28 days.

“He signed an acknowledgement form indicating he knew his reporting obligations,” Const Cutler said.

He did not report within those 28 days.

Duty lawyer John Aberdeen, of Legal Aid Queensland, said the offence for which Mangnoson was convicted in South Australia was not a reportable offence there but was a reportable offence in Queensland.

Mangnoson was a train driver who lived by himself in a rental property.

He was fined $600.

 

Join us on Facebook

 


 

http://www.dailymercury.com.au/story/2011/02/07/sex-offender-didnt-notify-of-new-address/

Sex offender didn’t supply new address

7th February 2011

SARINA resident Samuel Kris is a registered child sex offender who failed to notify police of a change of residential address.

Kris, 27, pleaded guilty in the Mackay Magistrate’s Court on Friday to failing to report under his obligations as a registered offender under the Australian National Child (Sex) Offender Register, known as ANCOR.

He was convicted of a child sex offence in Queensland and has been on the register since May, 2008, and he has to remain on the register for 15 years, police prosecutor Elizabeth Cassells said.

Among the many conditions of being on the register is a requirement to notify police of any change of residential address if he changes address for more than 14 days at a time.

On November 11 last year police became aware that Kris had not been living at his registered address for more than 14 days.

Detectives from the Child Protection Investigation Unit located him at an address in Penfold Street and he told them he had been living there for 16 days, Ms Cassells said.

After being told by detectives that he would be charged, he moved out of the Penfold Street address back into his old address, Ms Cassells said.

Kris had a previous conviction for a similar offence in February 2009, so this was his second breach in two-and-a-half years, Ms Cassells said.

Acting magistrate Ron Muirhead said it was important that registered sex offenders comply with the conditions imposed on them by ANCOR.

“If you come back for a third offence, a prison sentence is likely,” Mr Muirhead said.

Mr Muirhead fined Kris $900.

 

Join us on Facebook

 


 

http://www.dailymercury.com.au/news/apn-search-for-molester-at/74398/

Search for molester at Sarina

18th Jan 2007 8:00 AM

POLICE were last night searching for serial child molester Raymond Phillip Downs at Sarina.

They were acting on information suggesting Downs was travelling south from Bakers Creek to Sarina.

If he was in the area without informing the relevant authorities, it would be a breach of his parole conditions, a police spokesman said last night.

Downs has family in Mackay and there were widespread rumours he had returned to live in Marian after he was released from Wolston Correctional Centre in February 2005.

The suggestion he had returned then attracted concern and anger throughout the community. He is believed to have been living in Brisbane recently.

His criminal history includes a string of sex offences against pre-pubescent girls dating back to 1974.

Last night’s police search began just after 6pm and continued well into the evening.

Taxi drivers were also on alert for anyone matching Downs’s description.

 

http://www.dailymercury.com.au/news/apn-ray-wants-to-be/77619/

Ray wants to be forgiven

2nd Mar 2005 7:00 AM

A SUPPORT worker for serial sex offender Raymond Phillip Downs says her client hopes for forgiveness from the community.

Speaking exclusively with The Daily Mercury yesterday, the worker and friend, said Downs was ”doing it tough”.

”He knows he is going to get rejection from the community, but he lives with the hope that others will give him support,” the worker who wished to remain anonymous, said.

Downs has been living in the OzCare hostel in Endeavour Street since last Thursday night, according to his West Mackay family.

Downs will no longer be residing at OzCare, but plans to move him to Marian failed.

He is said to have nowhere to go, according to family.

Hostel residents alerted The Daily Mercury to Downs’ location yesterday morning, but he could not be contacted for comment.

He reportedly had a rough time at the hostel, with several residents claiming to have abused him.

One resident said Downs kept to himself.

”We didn’t know anything about (him) until we saw the Saturday paper,” he said.

Downs reportedly told one resident he had been rehabilitated and just said ”I’m sorry” when a man challenged him about his past.

Downs was reported to be living in a separate room from the dormitory area, but no-one answered when a Daily Mercury journalist knocked on the door yesterday.

 

http://www.dailymercury.com.au/news/apn-town-on/77625/

Town on edge

1st Mar 2005 7:00 AM

RUMOURS that serial child molester Raymond Phillip Downs is living at Marian, 27km west of Mackay, have the entire town on edge.

Residents said if they found out Downs, 48, was in fact living in their midst, they would do whatever it took to make him leave.

The trouble is, no-one can confirm exactly where he is.

Downs was released from Wolston Correction Centre in Brisbane last week and it was confirmed he flew into Mackay last Friday.

Marian police Sergeant Dan Graham said while police were privy to his whereabouts so he could be moni- tored, they were not at liberty to divulge any information to the media or the general public.

Sgt Graham said he could not comment about the matter.

And that has residents fuming.

They believe they have a right to know whether there is a child molester in their community. Most residents were too frightened to speak on the record ? they were afraid they or their children could be targeted.

 

Join us on Facebook