Posts Tagged ‘Umina’


 

http://www.theherald.com.au/news/local/news/crime-and-law/terrible-crimes-of-child-porn-ring-trio/2521299.aspx

Terrible crimes of child porn ring trio

JOANNE MCCARTHY

14 Apr, 2012 04:00 AM

A JUDGE forced to detail sexual crimes of a ‘‘very terrible nature’’ by a former Hunter couple against their young children said yesterday he would have named them if he were able.

The couple were ‘‘fortunate’’ their names would never be made public because it would identify their children, a son, 12, and a daughter, 11, Judge Roy Ellis told Gosford District Court.

‘‘If I could have permitted the publication of these two people’s names, I would have, and it is only to protect the two children that the [couple] were fortunate enough to avoid publication,’’ he said.

But he rejected a suppression application by the couple’s accomplice, Bruce William Ford, 44, of Umina, who was sentenced to 21 years’ jail, with a minimum term of 15 years, for his part in an international child pornography network.

After recounting an abbreviated version of a 22-page statement of crimes committed against the children at a Central Coast location over more than six months in 2010, for the third time in a week as the three were sentenced, Judge Ellis yesterday indicated the cases had taken their toll.

‘‘After sentencing three of these offenders it is more and more difficult not to use inflammatory words,’’ he said. ‘‘I think the less I say about it, the better.

‘‘These are extremely serious and disgusting acts against children.

‘‘This offender, via the friendship formed with the parents, regularly and seriously sexually abused their two young children, but not only that, very actively incited another deviate in another country to commit other disgusting acts against young children.’’

Ford, who was jailed in 2001 for less serious child sex matters, incited a man in Britain to have sexual intercourse with his stepdaughter, 4, and stepson, 10.

Judge Ellis declined to read the full statement of facts in court yesterday, and noted they were filed and part of the public record.

‘‘Although why anyone would want to read it, I don’t know,’’ he said.

He reserved particular criticism for the former Hunter man after sentencing him to 21 years’ jail, with a minimum term of 15 years last week.

‘‘The man’s the father and he let all this happen,’’ Judge Ellis said.

The last words Ford heard as he was led from the court were by the children’s aunt, who had earlier run from the court as some of the crimes were being described.

‘‘You won’t touch another child, you sick, mental freak,’’ she said.

 

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-04-13/21-years-jail-for-involvement-in-international-paedophile-netwo/3949420/?site=newcastle&section=news

21 years jail for involvement in international paedophile network

Updated April 13, 2012 17:47:07

A New South Wales man involved in an international paedophile network has been jailed for a maximum 21 years.

Bruce Ford was arrested in 2010, along with a 31-year-old woman and her 51-year-old husband who have already received lengthy jail terms for sexually abusing their own children.

Gosford District Court heard the trio dominated an international network of parents who carried out depraved sex acts on the children, often streaming them live on the internet.

Ford, from Umina Beach on the Central Coast, will be eligible for parole in 15 years.

The Commander of the state’s Sex Crime Squad says a lengthy jail term reflects the seriousness of Ford’s actions.

Detective Superintendent John Kerlatec has welcomed the sentence.

“It’s a pleasing result for a long slog investigation that commenced nearly two years ago,” he says.

“And it certainly represents the seriousness that both the courts and the community see this crime.

“It’s a very serious crime when a young child is abused.

“Whether it’s in Australia or any part of the world, it’s a serious crime.”

 

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-04-12/mother-jailed-over-child-porn2c-sexual-abuse/3946990

Mother jailed over child porn, sex abuse

Posted April 12, 2012 19:32:33

A woman has been jailed for the systematic sexual abuse of her own children, including broadcasting live pictures of them to an international internet paedophile ring.

The 31-year-old was sentenced to a maximum 18 years in jail with a non-parole period of 13 years.

She, along with her 51-year-old husband and another man, was arrested in November 2010 and admitted to a series of charges relating to the sustained sexual abuse of the couple’s son and daughter, aged 12 and 11.

The trio dominated an international network of parents who carried out depraved sex acts on their children, often streaming them live on the internet.

Gosford District Court heard how the woman encouraged other parents within the ring to abuse their own children.

Judge Roy Ellis said this showed a casual attitude towards her children’s abuse and showed “an unfathomable level of depravity” which was “impossible to grasp”.

The judge told the court the mother was sexually abused as a child by her own family members and has since expressed a wish to be punished for the sake of her children.

He said she was groomed by her husband but was an active and willing participant to the abuse and has scarred her children for life.

Karen Lindley, spokeswoman for child advocacy group Bravehearts, says there are lessons to be learned from the case.

“[The woman] herself was a victim of sustained prolonged child sexual assault and it’s history repeating itself,” she said.

“We must break the cycle.”

The woman’s husband was sentenced to a minimum of 15 years behind bars over similar charges last week, and another man is due to be sentenced tomorrow.

The children remain under the care of the NSW Department of Family and Community Services.

 

http://www.theherald.com.au/news/local/news/general/hunter-man-jailed-on-child-sex-counts/2513869.aspx

Hunter man jailed on child sex counts

JOANNE MCCARTHY

06 Apr, 2012 04:00 AM

THEY were the last words heard in court yesterday by a man who had just been jailed until at least 2025 for committing and filming depraved sexual crimes against his own two children.

‘‘You’re gonna die in there you sick bastard,’’ said his former sister-in-law, the children’s aunt, as the former Hunter man, 51, was led away.

‘‘I needed to say it,’’ she said outside Gosford District Court after the first of three sentencings in an international child pornography case linked to crimes in the United Kingdom, France, the Netherlands, Germany and the US.

The children’s mother and another man will be sentenced next week after pleading guilty to multiple child sex crimes.

People in court for unrelated matters were visibly upset as Judge Roy Ellis read an abbreviated description of sexual crimes against the children: a boy, 12, and girl, 11, by their parents and another man at a Central Coast location in 2010.

The children, now living in the Hunter Region, were left to grow up in a situation ‘‘worse than orphans’’ after ‘‘losing’’ their parents when they were sexually assaulted by them, and then ‘‘losing’’ them again when both were arrested in late 2010 and charged with multiple child sex and child pornography offences, Judge Ellis said.

The boy was filmed while shackled, gagged and humiliated; threatened with a whip if he did not commit sexual acts; tied up and blindfolded; fed Viagra, and made to commit degrading heterosexual and homosexual acts with the three adults, Judge Ellis said.

The girl was forced to commit sexual acts with her father and the other man and the crimes distributed to members of the child pornography network overseas.

‘‘Not satisfied with committing these perversions on his children, the offender then filmed the incidents and streamed them to others,’’ Judge Ellis said.

The acts represented an ‘‘unfathomable level of depravity’’ by a man who not only ‘‘appears to have been completely oblivious to the needs of his children’’, but ‘‘appears to be proud of his treatment of his children’’.

‘‘The offender, in a self-indulgent and pitiless way, robbed them of their innocence, their formative years and their family.’’

The judge rejected the children’s father’s claim of amnesia about the 2010 incidents, after a psychiatrist rejected the claim.

He was sentenced to a minimum 15 years’ jail, with his earliest release date in November 2025 after taking into account time already served.

 

Join us on Facebook

 

Advertisements