Posts Tagged ‘Wodonga’

Anthony Paul Wood

Posted: January 29, 2019 by Serendipity in Victoria
Tags: , , ,

 

Age:   63  ( 2018 )

Location:   Wodonga  VIC

Offence:    Pleaded guilty to a charge of knowingly possessing child abuse material and failing to answer bail.

Sentence:  Sentenced to maximum 18-month jail term.

Other:   More than 600,000 images of child abuse material were found by a computer repair business when Wood put his laptop in to be fixed.

 

 

 

Advertisements

 

Age:  77  ( 2018 )

Location:   North East primary schools, Primary schools in the Ballarat region,  Victoria

Offence:    101 charges were against Reynolds. He plead guilty to 41 charges in the Wodonga Magistrates Court, with the remaining charges being dropped.

Sentence:  TBA

Other:   Has previous convictions.  See below.

 

 


 

Forde – William Craig

 

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2008-01-17/rape-victim-wins-139k-compensation/1015362

Rape victim wins $139K compensation

Updated 17 Jan 2008, 4:54pm

A County Count judge has ordered a convicted rapist to pay more than $139,000 compensation to his victim.

50-year-old William Craig Forde was sentenced to an indefinite term in jail last year.

The court was told he kidnapped a woman identified as “Jessica” in Ballarat in 2006.

He held her captive in her car for almost 30 hours and repeatedly raped her.

Judge Tom Wodak said he accepted “Jessica” suffered Post Traumatic Stress Disorder as a result of the attack.

Despite being ordered to pay compensation, Forde may not be able to pay the full amount.

His only asset is a rural block of land, that may have to be sold to pay his legal fees.

His prison term will be reviewed in 16 years.

Jessica’s lawyer Katalin Blond says now the compensation order has been made, steps have to be taken to enforce it.

“Jess is grateful in the acknowledgment of the court’s judgement but understands that there’s certainly a long road ahead in enforcing that judgement,” she said.

“I would imagine that that issue probably won’t be resolved for at least 12 months.”

 

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2006-12-13/court-gives-life-term-to-depraved-rapist/2152796

Court gives life term to ‘depraved’ rapist

Updated 13 Dec 2006, 3:03pm

A man who repeatedly raped a woman from Ballarat, in central Victoria, will spend the rest of his life in jail.

The 29-year-old woman was kidnapped and raped at knife-point over a 30 hour period in February, in at attack Detective Paul Jolly of Ballarat police says is the worst he has seen in 24 years.

“This would have to be the nastiest incident I’ve dealt with,” he said.

William Craig Forde, 49, was today sentenced in the County Court in Ballarat to an indefinite jail term.

Judge Wodak said the offences were of a gravity rarely seen, and Forde showed little potential for reform.

The victim described Forde as an animal.

“As much as you can characterise somebody like this, then that’s the way to say it, depraved, deviant,” she said.

She says she will try to use her experience to help other rape victims.

 

*************************************************************************************

Criminal history of William Craig Forde:

September 8, 1988 — raped a 31-year-old woman neighbour at knifepoint in her
Thornbury home. Forced her to drive him to a primary school where her children
were waiting, but she was able to escape and call police.

June 1, 1989 — convicted in the County Court of two counts of rape, indecent
assault, intentionally causing injury and car theft. Sentenced by Judge Cullity
to a maximum five years’ jail with a minimum of three years.

August 24, 1990 — released from jail after remissions of one- third off the
sentence for good behaviour, which were then applicable.

June 20, 1991 — aggravated rape at knifepoint of a woman who had come to his
outer suburban home to pick up some ironing. The 57- year-old woman was punched
in the face and had her wrists and ankles tied with twine during the attack,
which lasted more than 30 minutes. She escaped by locking herself in her car
after he ordered her to leave the house with him and said he was “taking her
for a ride”.

November 15, 1991 — convicted in the County Court of aggravated rape,
aggravated indecent assault, intentionally causing injury and false
imprisonment. Sentenced by Judge Stott to 10 years’ jail with a minimum of
seven years.

November 26, 1996 — refused parole because of his unwillingness to participate
in a sex offenders’ treatment program in jail.

July 11, 1997 — again denied parole.

March 24, 1998 — released from jail on expiry of his maximum sentence (less
remission of one-third, which applied when he was sentenced in 1991 but was
abolished the following year).

September 28, 1998 — raped a 13-year-old girl, who was attacked when Forde
took her for a walk at Whittlesea after driving down a dirt track and leaving
his partner in the car. Forde was arrested six weeks later at a Queensland
caravan park.

September 30, 1999 — convicted of rape and sentenced in the County Court by
Judge Stott to a maximum of seven years’ jail with a minimum non-parole period
of five years, including 326 days already remanded in custody.

September 18, 2002 — told he would not be paroled when his minimum sentence
expired because he refused to do the sex offenders’ program.

November 19, 2003 — denied parole.

December 1, 2004 — again denied parole.

August 4, 2005 — refused parole again.

November 7, 2005 — released from jail on expiry of his maximum sentence.

February 6, 2006 — raped a young shop assistant in the back of a Ballarat shop
after tying her wrists and ankles behind her, gagging her and cutting off her
clothes with a knife. Forde then stole the 23-year-old mother’s car, bundled
her into it at knifepoint and drove her around central and northern Victoria
for the next 29 hours. She was raped repeatedly during her ordeal before being
driven back into Ballarat and let out of the car.

May 12, 2006 — appeared at Ballarat Magistrates’ Court for a preliminary
hearing and said he was guilty of 22 counts of rape and two charges of armed
robbery, one of abduction and one of false imprisonment.

Other convictions:

Disobeying traffic control signal, unlicensed driving, exceeding .05,
assaulting police, resisting arrest, obtaining financial advantage by
deception.

 

 


 

McQuilton – Daniel Anthony - Photo

 

http://www.bordermail.com.au/story/2238162/daniel-mcquilton-ive-had-enough-jail/

Daniel McQuilton: I’ve had enough jail

24 Apr 2014, midnight

A SUPERVISED sex offender who removed his electronic tracking device told Corrective Services staff “I’m not going back to jail” when they urged him to hand himself in.

Corrective Services was able to make contact with Daniel Anthony McQuilton after he removed the monitoring device in central Sydney last Wednesday, triggering an alarm.

He admitted to them that he had removed the device.

When staff encouraged him to return he told them: “It is not living on this order and I’m not doing it any more. I’ve had enough.”

McQuilton, who is classified a high-risk sex offender, later car-jacked a woman in Bondi Junction and fled in her stolen Mitsubishi Lancer to Wodonga, where he lost control of the car and hit a tree in London Road in the early hours of Good Friday.

Soon after he handed himself in to police at Wodonga.

McQuilton did not apply for bail when he appeared in Albury Local Court yesterday after his extradition from Victoria to NSW on Tuesday.

He entered guilty pleas to three counts of failing to comply with a supervision order, assault with intent to take a motor vehicle, not giving details to owner of damaged property and failing to stop when pursued by police.

He is yet to enter a plea to a charge of unlicensed driving.

McQuilton was jailed in 2009 for three years over the sexual assault and bashing of a Wodonga dancer in Young Street, Albury, in 2008.

In January, the Supreme Court placed him on an extended supervision order for two years and six months, requiring him to wear the tracking device.

Magistrate Tony Murray adjourned the matters for sentencing in Sydney on June 11.

He ordered a psychiatric assessment of McQuilton.

 

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2008-11-25/guilty-plea-for-sex-attack-accused/217650

Guilty plea for sex attack accused

Posted 25 Nov 2008, 11:14am

A man has pleaded guilty to aggravated sexual assault after a dance student was attacked in Albury in July.

Daniel Anthony McQuilton, 21, of Tangambalanga, has appeared in the Albury Local Court.

A statement tendered to the court alleges McQuilton approached a woman from behind as she went to her car in the Crisp Street car park and grabbed her by the face, saying he was not going to hurt her.

It said the woman struggled and McQuilton punched her once to the head area and then sexually assaulted her.

The statement alleges the woman fell to the ground and McQuilton kneed her once in the face before she ran away. McQuilton turned himself in to police five days later.

The statement says he later expressed remorse and said it was a spur of the moment decision resulting from a frustration with women.

He has been remanded in custody and will return to court in February.

 

Join us on Facebook

 


 

Johnson – Dion James

 

http://www.bordermail.com.au/news/local/news/general/most-wanted-dion-caught/2279547.aspx

‘Most wanted’ Dion caught

KATE COUGHLAN

2 Sep 2011, 1:10 p.m.

HE was labelled one of Australia’s most wanted but Dion James Johnson is now behind bars.

Johnson, a convicted rapist, was wanted for breach of parole and was last seen in Wodonga.

Information from residents led to his arrest in Traralgon last week.

“His arrest was a direct result of input from the Border community,” Det-Sgt Mick Gunn, of Operation Repeat Offender Parole, said.

“And it is much appreciated.”

Johnson’s image was featured in The Border Mail in July after he was named one of Australia’s 17 most wanted by Crime Stoppers.

He had been nabbed in Albury after a similar public appeal in 2010.

Johnson, 26, is now behind bars serving the remainder of his parole sentence.

Last year Johnson received a suspended jail sentence in Wodonga Court after pleading guilty to two charges of shop stealing and counts of unlawful assault, possessing a weapon without a permit and failing to answer bail.

He was sentenced to five months jail, suspended for two years.

He had previously been jailed for rape, arson and reckless conduct endangering life.

Meanwhile Wodonga police have nabbed another wanted man.

Jason Maurice Robertson, 36, failed to appear in Wodonga Magistrates Court in July.

He was spotted by police riding a bicycle in Wodonga yesterday afternoon.

He was remanded in custody to appear at Wodonga Local Court on Tuesday.

Robertson was charged with burglary in April and bailed to appear in court in July.

It is alleged Robertson was involved in the theft of 12 chainsaws, valued at $13,500, from North East Tree Care.

 

Join us on Facebook

 


Darren Harvey - Photo

 

http://www.bordermail.com.au/story/2696456/update-fun-park-boss-jailed-after-appeal/?cs=53

Fun park boss jailed after appeal

Nov. 14, 2014, midnight

A WODONGA fun park operator was this morning jailed for at least seven months over the indecent assault of a teenage girl who worked for him.

Darren Harvey, 51, was imprisoned by County Court judge Chris Ryan after having appealed a jail term imposed in the Wodonga Magistrate’s Court last month.

He was originally given a 15-month prison sentence with a minimum of nine months by magistrate John Murphy on two counts of indecent assault.

Judge Ryan cut the minimum term to seven months, but retained the 15-month overall period.

Today’s sentence came after Judge Ryan yesterday labelled Harvey  a predator with no remorse.

He said Harvey’s conduct towards his 18-year-old employee was “absolutely disgraceful”.

But barrister Steve Anger outlined Harvey’s community contributions during an appeal against a jail term imposed on Harvey last month.

The charges relate to an Albury schoolgirl, 18, who was working at Harvey’s Fun Park on the Lincoln Causeway.

One of the offences happened early last year and the second charge relates to events on October 13 when Harvey took the employee’s clothes off before assaulting her.

Mr Anger said yesterday there were a range of sentencing options for Harvey such as a suspended sentence or partially suspended jail term.

Judge Ryan said Harvey had shown no remorse in a record of interview with police.

“He is a predator. His conduct is nothing short of predatory,” Judge Ryan said.

He said the conduct by Harvey escalated and was appalling. Mr Anger said the fun park has two permanent employees and eight casuals, but publicity about Harvey’s charges have had a devastating impact on the business.

“In the social media, he has been vilified as a paedophile,” Mr Anger said.

He tendered nine references on behalf of Harvey and certificates of thanks from organisations such as Camp Quality and Country Hope.

It is estimated Harvey has provided use of the park valued at about $30,000 for community organisations.

Judge Ryan said there was a conflict between Harvey’s contribution to the community and the appalling acts committed on a schoolgirl.

“His conduct towards this young woman is absolutely disgraceful,” Judge Ryan said.

Albury solicitor Tony Brandt provided one of the references and gave evidence about a large number of cancellations at the park since Harvey’s sentencing in Wodonga Magistrates Court.

Mr Brandt said the park may have to be closed down and ultimately sold.

Mr Anger said Harvey has been referred to a psychologist and received anti-depressants.

“He has reactive depression because of the condition he finds himself in,” Judge Ryan said.

He said there is an issue of general deterrence and Harvey had overborn the complainant before forcibly undressing her.

Crown prosecutor David O’Doherty said: “It is a serious example of this type of offending.”

 

Join us on Facebook

 

 

 


 

http://www.cairnspost.com.au/news/cairns/sex-offender-gets-jail-after-grabbing-young-girl-at-cairns-central/story-fnpqrsxl-1227093765017

Sex offender gets jail after grabbing young girl at Cairns central

  • Caitlin Drysdale
  • The Cairns Post
  • October 17, 2014 12:11PM

A MAN who brazenly grabbed a 14-year-old schoolgirl in a Cairns shopping centre had faced a Victorian court for a similar sex crime just six weeks before.

Bruce Leslie Brown, 29 was yesterday sentenced to 10 months’ jail after pleading guilty to one count of indecent dealings with a child under 15.

The Cairns District Court heard Brown approached the girl, while she was in school uniform, on May 16.

She was shopping at Coles Cairns Central with her father, but was alone in an aisle when Brown approached her from behind and grabbed her breasts forcefully.

The court heard it caused the girl “intense” pain and she screamed for help.

Brown fled, but was apprehended by other shoppers and held until police officers arrived.

The court heard he had also visited a prostitute on the morning off the attack.

The convicted sexual offender has criminal records in Western Australia, Victoria and New South Wales – all for crimes of a sexual nature.

Just six weeks prior, he faced a Wodonga Court in Victoria over indecent assault charges but escaped jail time.

He was instead given a one-month sentence, suspended for two years. Judge Brian Harrison took a different approach to sentencing the man, acknowledging the “profound effect” the incident had on the victim.

“This is quite a difficult age for any young girl at the best of times without experiencing something shocking like this,” he said.

The girl’s parents were present for the sentencing, with the court hearing the girl was now scared to be alone in public and suffered “social anxiety”.

Brown’s lawyer told the court he had read the girl’s victim impact statement to his client “word for word”.

The sexual offender will spend 10 months in jail, minus the 153 days he has already spent in custody, and will be subject to a probation order for three years after his release.

The order requires him to regularly report to correctional services, take part in counselling, possibly submit to psychiatric treatment and stay in the state.

The court heard a report from a psychologist had labelled Brown as a “high” risk of reoffending.

“You have a very real problem in term of impulse control regarding prepubescent and pubescent girls,” Judge Harrison said.

Brown told the court he himself had been sexually assaulted in the past.

 

Join us on Facebook